Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Adding a down spout

I am having to add a down spout to my own gutter system here at the house as I have a problem corner in my "L" shapped gutter. Looking to take the "most affordable" way out, I will be cutting a hole in the gutter, placing an adapter to connect the down spout to, and running it off into the grass. I have not done this before but it seems pretty easy enough, (knocking on wood) Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Mike

They sell a piece that drops in the gutter....held with gutter seal......after you cut a hole...the downspout is then zip screwed to the flange that you dropped through

andy

I am in the process of doing this now but having a little trouble cutting the hole. Can someone offer some advice on this subject. I've tried scouring it, but I seem to be getting no where, also tried with my "little" 7.2 volt drill, but not getting anywhere quick. I need new tools!

Also can someone turn the rain off here in Indiana?

Thanks Scott, for some reason I didnt think about that. I guess the frustration of trying to get this done the last 2 days and the constant rain was taking a toll. Round 3 tommorrow..