Sign in to follow this  
PATZPW

Getting Paid

Question

11 answers to this question

It Hasn't Happend Yet. But Most Companies Around My Area Are Only Open 9-5. I Work Full Time So I Wash At Night Or On Weekends. So If I Wash On The Weekend It's Hard To Follow Up With My Hand Out For Cash WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND.

I have four car dealerships I do and they love to see me so they always pay.I also clean eleven fast food joints of the same company it is corp owned so I have to fax in my invoice once a month to be payed,they always pay but i've waited three or four weeks to get it.I also clean the garden windows for Wendys and waited three months for a check.But if you step on the store managers toes they'll get it done cause you stop in and see them every time you go by their store and they love that.

Here are two forms we use.

The notice to owner/contractor is required by law to reserve your lienholder rights in the State of Ga. on commercial jobs and it must be filed within 30 days of your job start date or you may forfiet those rights. Your state may vary so check..

The second is a demand for payment letter that, when all else fails, can be helpful.

Mind you, the first is a matter of business course and should offend no one. It is standard operating procedure. The second is a collection letter and should ONLY be used when all other avenues have failed.

Change the red text areas to suit your particular jobs, or just edit the whole thing if you like..

DISCLAIMER---->>>>>

I AM NOT A LAWYER AND THESE DOCUMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN REVIEWED BY A LAWYER. CONSULT YOUR ATTOURNEY FOR LEGAL ADVISE. I REFUSE ALL LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THESE FORMS.

Notice to Contractor - Blank.doc

Notice of Non payment-Blank.doc

Did you have a written agreement? Start using one today if you were not using one yesterday.

If you are using a written agreement simply file the claim yourself in a small claims court. They will need to reply and you will find out the reason they are not paying

In 20 years I have never seen so much bankruptcy. This year has been bad; it seems I have received notice after notice.

Fortunately none have resulted in a bad situation yet. I have work with some for years and it seems ridiculous they are BK

Get a strong letter and send it to them demanding payment. Call over the manager’s head if it’s a company. Send the invoice directly to accounting

Call me if you would like I may have some additional info I don’t want to mention here.