Sign in to follow this  
Guy B

Carolina Contractors

Question

Got a call today from a Lady in Las Vegas saying that she had visited our State recently and made contact with a Company that needed pressure washing services. She stated that she and her husband own a pressure washing company also and want to find a Company in NC to handle the accounts.

She asked if I would be interested....and of course my answer was "Yes, but only if is profitable" she seemed to stumble when I said this and agreed saying "Well of course you have to buy gas and stuff".....Yea, I got to buy gas & stuff icon_wink.gif

She was very vague about a lot of issues so I point blank asked her...."Whats In It For Me?" She reply's that they were willing to do a 60/40 split....Now thats 60% their way and 40% my way....I Almost Lost My Mind!! mad.gif

She then says ...."Well that's just a starting point, what do you have in mind?" First I ask how much the accounts are worth at each location, her reply....maybe $1000.00 (Still not telling me what the job is) I told her that I would "Think" about 90/10 split (My Way) depending on the what and where the job(s) was. Then I just got really mad and told her that we just are not interested....She seemed confused and said "Even If Was A $1000.00 Job??"

By that time I'm pretty sure I pi$$ed her off and she thanked me and hung up.

So if anyone else gets this golden opportunity......... Good Luck, My loss your gain.

modify_inline.gif

7 answers to this question

Doesn't sound like a loss. 60/40 600 there way and 400 yours is not a fair deal at all. A 10 percent finders fee for them might be fair. Are they supplying you with equipment,materials and fuel then a 60/40 would be called for there way....this is merely a find of accounts they have and send them your way....crooks is what they are. Man greed is so powerful.

Marko

Thanks for the heads up Guy.

It amazes me how important and viable this industry is,

yet we are still percieved as idiots to take an offer like that,

especially by another "so called" contractor.

Good call Guy.

And someone will come along and take the account, find out it is not all it is cracked up to be, fail at the account, and the "management company" will lose the contract. Thus costing the customer more in the long term, and having poor service as a result.

And someone will come along and take the account, find out it is not all it is cracked up to be, fail at the account, and the "management company" will lose the contract. Thus costing the customer more in the long term, and having poor service as a result.

Then the customer or Company will search for and interview a professional Contractor and get the job done correctly.

Then the customer or Company will search for and interview a professional Contractor and get the job done correctly.

I give you points for an attempt at humor, a poor attempt, but at least you tried. The fire business if rife with those who pull.

I give you points for an attempt at humor, a poor attempt, but at least you tried. The fire business if rife with those who pull.

Doug, I won't & can't speak for the fire business, but for what we do it is becoming more frequent and true.