Sign in to follow this  
DJclean

Car wash soap in my house wash

Question

So I'm out of fresh wash and my local pw store doesn't have fresh wash or any thing equivalent . So on a recommendation of the owner I bought a 12.00$ gallon bottle of his favorite car wash. I had 2 houses to wash that day. I mixed in maybe 2 cups or less in a 5 gallon bucket with 4-5 gallons of SH and I down streamed it on to the houses. By the time I was done applying chemical to one wall I looked back and the mildew was devolving and running of the trim and siding. After only a couple minutes of dwelling I quickly rinsed it off and whala, it was squeaky clean! After telling a buddy of mine who is a car detailer told me he uses the same car wash when he washes cars. He to claims he has tried others and always gos back to this particular one. I wonder if it will work in a roof mix.

5 answers to this question

A one dollar bottle of baby shampoo from your favorite dollar store would probably work in a pinch. Leave the bleach out though, and nothing works,

It sounds like your mix was a little strong if it only took two minutes to kill the funk.

Almost any surfactant will work to some degree in roof mix.

So I'm out of fresh wash and my local pw store doesn't have fresh wash or any thing equivalent . So on a recommendation of the owner I bought a 12.00$ gallon bottle of his favorite car wash. I had 2 houses to wash that day. I mixed in maybe 2 cups or less in a 5 gallon bucket with 4-5 gallons of SH and I down streamed it on to the houses. By the time I was done applying chemical to one wall I looked back and the mildew was devolving and running of the trim and siding. After only a couple minutes of dwelling I quickly rinsed it off and whala, it was squeaky clean! After telling a buddy of mine who is a car detailer told me he uses the same car wash when he washes cars. He to claims he has tried others and always gos back to this particular one. I wonder if it will work in a roof mix.

Just curious, what is the name of the car wash you used?