Sign in to follow this  
propressurewashing

Mosmatic Surface Cleaner Question???

I have the Mosmatic commercial surface cleaner, I believe it is 21". Above the dome part of the swivle housing is exposed where it connects to the hose with an twist coupling. There are 2 small holes below this coupling facing outward. Water shoots out of these holes while the unit is in use??? Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

I also have the 21" Mosmatic (NO CASTER"S) and mine has done the same thing since it was new. Mine really doesn't shoot out but mainly just kind of runs out the holes. At first I thought something was wrong but after using it I thought it might be something that keeps it from forming like a Vortex or Sunction?

Really woul like to know the reason?

I was told it had something to do with cooling the swivel, but that never sounded right to me.

That's the same model we started with 6 years ago.

If water is leaking from any holes other than the nozzels, you have a problem. They are made to direct water to the end of the spray bar. No where else. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you have a leak, you will lose pressure at the nozzle..............

I also have the 21" Mosmatic (NO CASTER"S) and mine has done the same thing since it was new. Mine really doesn't shoot out but mainly just kind of runs out the holes. At first I thought something was wrong but after using it I thought it might be something that keeps it from forming like a Vortex or Sunction?

Really woul like to know the reason?

So....Where is this ''vortex going to come from''? And what is a Sunction? Thats a doozy for sure. if your swivel leaks, you will lose pressure.

As a Mosmatic dealer I can tell you that Guy is correct. Mosmatic surface cleaners use the fluid as lubrication in the swivel. A small amount of liquid coming from the weep hole is normal. A steady stream means time to get a re-build kit. Other surface cleaner manufacturers do not use the fluid for lubrication and when any fluid is coming from their weep holes, then yes, there is a problem. But Mosmatic is deffenitly different in that regard. Let me know how else I could help you with this.

If water is leaking from any holes other than the nozzels, you have a problem. They are made to direct water to the end of the spray bar. No where else. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you have a leak, you will lose pressure at the nozzle..............

Thats not 100% accurate Micky,

Mechanical swivels of this basic design, on occasion can leak (sometimes brand new out of the box, on occasion they just stop out of the blue, )............ if it dribbles no major issue, the working fluid is non hazardous.

And as Tracy correctly identifies, a dribble would assist in lubricating the rotating faces.

When the seal squirts, you have a problem.

Propressurewashing of TX...............here is a linked video that I did over 3 years ago comparing my then new

Edited by 810F250
sp