Sign in to follow this  
CCHSNC

F-18 Performance

Question

I have used several strippers in alot of aplications and F-18 just simply out performs them all. I had to share these photo's. This house hase 3 very heavy coats of CWF on it. I mixed the the F-18 12 oz per gallon and let dwell for about 10-15 minutes before starting to wash with 500 psi/6 gpm. I thought I would have to strip this thing atleast 2 times but I was pleased to see this stuff just melt off and I only needed to apply stripper 1 time.

post-220-137772139874_thumb.jpg

post-220-137772139879_thumb.jpg

14 answers to this question

Excellent Robert! Nice strip job!

The only two strippers we use are HD-80 and F-18. We have found in some situations that HD-80 is faster and takes less product. However, we have also found that F-18 is gentler on the contractor to use, and given a longer dwell and more product will perform as well as HD-80 many cases. We will continue to test them side by side this coming year. We hope to develop a list of various applications we have done for folks to use as a guide (strippers that you can remove - field results). We believe that both products have a place in our wood care arsenal for use.

What are you sealing the logs with? You sure do have a beautiful clean 'canvas' to work on there!

Beth

Thanks! I will be finishing the house with RS Nat. Cedar. I would sell more WT but its hard to sell when you can't show the customer the colors. I too have some HD-80 and would say it is a decent product but in my experience the HD-80 needs more dwell time and coats to keep up with the F-18 just the opposite of your statement. To each there own :).

Robert, I would be interested in hearing more about the ratios of F-18 you are using and the dwell times, to remove which products. We have been working with it for a few months, but as you know it takes some time to get to know how best to mix and use something. I would like to make sure we are mixing it optimally.

Beth

I usually start out with 6 oz per gal. and go up from there. I've come to be so used to the product and how it works I can usually tell how strong I need to mix it without doing a test spot. I guess my rule of thumb is if the stain is very warn I mix at 6oz per gal then if it is something cheep with a heavy coat I usually go to 8oz per gal. Now when I am stripping a log home I start at 10 oz per gal and apply with my m-5. This last one I did I mixed 12 oz per gallon and applied it with my shurflo. It was HOT!, the lance was even warm. I knew it was kicking butt when I rewet the sunny side and the pressure from my shurflo was pealing the stain off. Hope this helps.

I too have had great results from F-18. And I do use HD80. Have been using HD80 for 4 years. I will keep both on hand in that they each have a purpose and use.

I do find the f18 gentler on me than the the HD80.

Both are great products. If you like the F18, try some of the f13. I was amazed with it on my own vinyl siding.

Reed

Think F-18 would work on a peeling white latex deck? what strength would you use? How does the F-18 and HD-80 compare in quantity and price? I still have some Citrallic brightener from extreme solutions and wondered if I could use what I have left of that after stripping with F-18. It seems that the F-8 is not on the Pressure Teks Online Store.

Yes you can use the citrallic after the f18..

You can go as high as 80 ounces of F18 in 5 gallons if you ever need something that strong and it will disolve in cold water. Try about 40 to 50 ounces in 5 gl. and watch that white just slough off.

reed