Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Small 9' Cedar Fence

Question

Here is how I spent my fri. staining this new 950 Lft. 9' tall cedar fence.It took 55 gallons and 6 hrs to complete with one pump almost 2 fully charged batteries.

post-658-137772443783_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Shane,

You have to apply more stain per job than any contractor here, by an order of magnitude. Seems to be so many fences in Texas, and huge! Must be a throwback to the cattle ranching days.

Shane,

You have to apply more stain per job than any contractor here, by an order of magnitude. Seems to be so many fences in Texas, and huge! Must be a throwback to the cattle ranching days.

Yeah Rick it's been one of those years for fences and I'm still picking up more jobs. I have 1300 Lft to go look at all new and guy wants me to match up to some Wood Defender crap. It's all jobs from the fence builder who doesn't want to start staining with his high dollar trailer set up from Wood Defender. I think he makes more $$ building fences for $9/lft for 6' tall.

I had the best 1 QTR ever this year going thru 30 K of stain applicating not including retail and what I sell to contractors. So that was staining a few 1000's of feet of fence to start out the year by myself most of the time.

Oh since you talking about cattle ranching I did one of those too using 70 gallons on this corral fence..You know I'm in the country when I see scorpions trying to find shade!

post-658-137772444322_thumb.jpg

post-658-1377724443_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772444307_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772444315_thumb.jpg

... Oh since you talking about cattle ranching I did one of those too using 70 gallons on this corral fence..You know I'm in the country when I see scorpions trying to find shade! ...

Shane,

That is a corral? Lord, property that size could be a small county back here in NJ! Use to see scorpions and 'rattlers hiking in the Grand Canyon. Thankfully, never got tagged.