Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Uniforms?

There is a uniform store a few miles from me. They also carry an assortment of used uniforms as well.

I went there a couple times looking, and the used stuff was really crappy. THe clothes often had holes in it, caulking or undercoating all over, and stains that would not come out.

Not the kind of stuff to bolster your image.

We too wear blue jeans and logo shirts. If you watch closely, you can find blue jeans at either KMart or Walmart for about $9/pair. When I find some at that price I buy about ten pair.

I keep the pants and shirts separate for washing and staining activities, because obviously the staining process is what tends to wreck the clothes.

If you need a supplier for good quality logo'd merchandise, I have a local vendor who does outstanding work at very reasonable prices. It's a hsuband/wife team that works out of their home.

I pay $8 per t-shirt for 100% pre-shrunk cotton shirts by Fruit-of-the-Loom, with large logo on back, and small one on the chest. Baseball style hats, embroidered, are around $10, and nice golf style shirts with embroidered logo on chest are around $23.

I used to order some stuff from the mail order company Wear-Guard, until I found this particular vendor.

I was wondering how you can wear blue jeans when doing a house wash and not getting the solution on your pants and bleaching them out. It may just be me, as a rookie, because I always seem to at least brush the xjet hose against my pants and have that nice white spot on my jeans.

I was thinking of buying some white painter pants to solve this problem.

Merry Christmas to all! icon7.gif

John

Plan on 10 pairs of jeans a year- sell the bleached ones on ebay kool designs. I like the effect on black jeans the best- Sell the t- shirts to "Deadheads" from a "Bleachead"....

I'm with Jim on this one, I go through about 15 to 20 pairs of jeans a year. Thats why I do like Tony suggested, keep an I out for the sales. You can find jeans real cheap if you regularly check the discount stores.

Does anyone wear shorts? Khakis? or is this unprofessional?

It's not so much I think it's unprofessional, I just don't like chems on my skin any more than necessary, if at all.

Some of my guys where shorts, but I warn them that some of the products we use are not advisable to be on your skin. It's not too hard to wash off your arms, but it's harder to wash off your legs without getting your feet wet.

No matter how hot it gets, I never wear shorts, and I'll still wear rubber boots, gloves, hat, and respirator when needed. I just don't like to take any more long term risks than necessary.

If you have a problem bleaching out your clothes, why not look into some protective waterproof coveralls? You can get inexpensive ones at HD or Lowes for under ten bucks.