Sign in to follow this  
carloso

help request from england

Question

13 answers to this question

The Xjet is a downstreaming device that is used at the wand tip rather than at the machine. The good part about this is if you want to change chemicals, you don't have to wait the time required to clear out your high pressure line, you simply swap chemical supply lines at the Xjet injection port. It has a much larger orifice than typical downstreamers and can acheive mixing ratios as high as 1:1. Another benefit is that it allows you to shoot the chemical/water mix farther (some say 40 ft., I've acheived only around 25 effective feet) at a higher concentration, so you can apply the chems faster with with less moving about and can possible reduce your need of an extension wand. The M5 has an adjustable valve to close or long-range application...this has been extremely useful to me in the past. If you need to reduce the mixing ratios, it comes with about a dozen reducers to place inline with the injection line to lower the draw, but they are a pain to keep up with and swap out while working. The on/off valve can be adjusted to acheive the same result, although it isn't perfectly accurate, you should be able to get by (I do).

"If you need to reduce the mixing ratios, it comes with about a dozen reducers to place inline with the injection line to lower the draw, but they are a pain to keep up with and swap out while working. "

I threw mine in the toolbox the day I got mine and I havent seen them since!

Gav

The M5 has an adjustable tip. You turn it one way and it behaves more like a 40 degree nozzle... turn it the other way and it behaves more like a zero degree. The benefit is this. When it has the zero degree effect you can use it to fire chemicals and soap up to about 30 feet or so. They claim longer but this is about what I can get. If you're up close to what you need to get chem's onto, twist the nozzle the other way and you have a much softer throw (like a 40 degree tip).

Also, I do my rinsing with the M5. It has a valve on it that you turn off the chem's with. I adjust the tip to where I want it (takes about 1.5 seconds) and pressure rinse. It cleans very nicely and works great.

The regular X-Jet isn't adjustable. I haven't used one because I made my decision to purchase the M5. I like variety and versatility. With the M5 you have total control.

I don't know if the M5 excisted when I purchased my X-jet, if it did, I wish I had known, with the regular X-jet you have to swap over to a short range spray nozzle that screws on the end of the long range nozzle, it can be a pain and I've lost a couple of them while working.

Gav

gav...when you got yours ...the m5 was not out...if you use the old one alot...look to get the m5 for your self.....;-)

I'm going to that, I use mine all the time and have well got my moneys worth out of it.

Gav

I recently bought another M-5 just to keep as a back up. I can't imagine going without it for the few days it would take to order, and recieve, a replacement in the event I lost it.

Hey Rod,

I'm not sure if you do this with your two gun rig but I've been thinking about running two m5's at once with mine. Then I can have two guys shooting soap on one side at a time and while the chemical is dwelling they can soap down the other side. Then go back and rinse down the first one. Have you tried it this way already? It seems like it would cut the house washing time down to almost a quarter of the other companies in our area.

That's definetly something to think about but it would easily work on a lot of the houses around here, except for the big mansions in potomac.

Let me know if you test it out sometime and I'll do the same.