Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Enough with the "Robo calls"

These guys are relentless.

214-296-9708 ( they say they are Google ) but really are not.

They literally will not leave me alone.

I'm on the nat'l do not call list.

I have reported them ( for what that is worth)

17 calls today alone.

I actually DID get a couple of reps on the line at the number I posted, however,

they are "cowering" when I engage conversation and they hang up.

Next call I make, I demand a mgr. Yes I said demand.

On hold for 12 minutes and then disconnected. ( long enough to activate some sort of "call block at me.)

Give them call if you have time and tell them I said "Hi".

Does anyone know of a site that actually gives the info who is calling you other than just the number and geo location?????

Used to be pretty easy, but now they all seem to want money for the info.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thx and have a great weekend Grime Scene.

Did I mention this has been going on 3 weeks now?

Are they calling your CELL phone? If your phone is an AndroidAndroid based phone there are a few useful free apps you can download. One is called "Current caller ID" it will almost always I'd calls even from other CELL phones. The other is called "Blocker" by embware. It will not only let you block a number but can be set to block a call by instantly answering and hanging up so they don't go to your Voicemail. Sorry don't know if iPhone has these options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

When you realize it's one of ''those'' calls, order a pizza if its a male. If its a female ask about her underwear. They'll hang up on you, trust me!:tears_of_joy:

You're right they're not Google, but want to put you on the front page. I tell them I'm already there State and Local. So what are you going to do for me again?? Haven't heard from them in a while now.

I like Mick's approach better.

Are they calling your CELL phone? If your phone is an AndroidAndroid based phone there are a few useful free apps you can download. One is called "Current caller ID" it will almost always I'd calls even from other CELL phones. The other is called "Blocker" by embware. It will not only let you block a number but can be set to block a call by instantly answering and hanging up so they don't go to your Voicemail. Sorry don't know if iPhone has these options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Windows phone here Pat. But I will look for the apps you suggested. Thx.

When you realize it's one of ''those'' calls, order a pizza if its a male. If its a female ask about her underwear. They'll hang up on you, trust me!:tears_of_joy:

Good one Mick. Too bad I'm infuriated with them to have a sense of humor.

You're right they're not Google, but want to put you on the front page. I tell them I'm already there State and Local. So what are you going to do for me again?? Haven't heard from them in a while now.

I like Mick's approach better.

Right on Brother.

( I still say that we all give the number a call ) I try not to be a richard head, but they started it man.

I use a whistle, a reall loud whistle. That seems to work, sometimes, kinda. Google has a bunch of contractors who mission in life to to annoy and waste my time. None of them communicate with each other. Even those who have the same number will not take you off their list. I have no problem using the whistle, or holding my phone up to the Kicker speakers in the van, or infront of the horn, or just putting them on hold. And pushing 2 or 9 to be removed does not good at all. And have you ever tried to find an e-mail or phone for google? A waste of time. Google "Spam Google" does not work.

I you are on the "Do not call list" and they are calling your business number, you are stuck. The do not call list is only for residential numbers. 888.382.1222

You could try some arse about chinese phrase's as well. A la Sheldon Cooper learning manderin to go mad at the chinese takeaway.