Sign in to follow this  
NJWashingGuy

FREE Roof Cleaning Certifications?? Say it can't be so..........

So what we have here now is

1- the ***** President is endorsing the ***** VP's school all over the net. There's other ***** members that own a school and one of them posted here tonight. Did anyone tell him yet what the ***** pres is doing to throw business away from him?

2-The ***** BOD is stating about shopping ***** BMP's to the EPA.

Man I am so glad I am not a member of this non profit org. They can't even get there stories straight and yet what they accuse everyone under the sun of doing(and most people aren't) there goal is to do it themselves.

You guys should stop talking org stuff on the net. Your crippling yourselves. You should also stop attacking others at every turn. Because the more you attack the more they dig and if your not on the up and up it just starts pouring out all over the place like it is here. Your dealing with a non profit so use your brains and read up on them ASAP. First thing you'll realize in there is something's your Pres. is doing is off the charts wrong. Don't think so? Watch how your BOD's start collapsing first. Look it up. Lawsuits will come within if you don't get your acts together. Within means from BODs and members and not us outsiders..

That's my last lesson on this. Look it up for yourselves.

Oh you're killing me!!! Hahaha!!!! Please, hahaha!!!! Stop!!!!

Finally we get the milder Guy.. Stick to post like that and you'll be much better off..lol So when are you finally going to endorse something yourself?? How about a Vegas Parking Garage Endorsement:) That should be allowable in your BOD position right?? Just don't let your Pres. find out cause he would be pissed and you may get fired..lololollol. At least you won't get a pay cut.

Edited by John T

And as you know, my words have been that I don't care much for you John but that is not an official position of the ***** (not yet anyway HAHA!). John, I find it is important to keep in mind that we are all contractors with our own opinions and views. We were all voted in to the Board individually and we all bring unique experiences and beliefs to our positions. And serving as part of a board doesn't mean you surrender all your own personal beliefs. But when we come together for a BOD meeting we discuss, debate, share opinions and even sometimes yell or get angry with each other. If anyone out there is looking for an organization run by like minded robots I regret to say ***** is not that. However we vote as a board and that is what determines things. In fact even Ron gets upset and sometimes disagrees with BOD decision. He cant even vote and sometimes cant debate but we work through those things.

So if at one point in one post on one BBS, one of the BOD members, or volunteers, or members shares an opinion or viewpoint it certainly is not logical to clasp onto 6 or 7 words and let that be your version of Custers last stand if you will, in your battle against the entire movement of an organization. I would never do that to you John, and im sure you've said a lot of things in your lifetime online.

As we move forward I have no doubt there will be actions the board suggests that I dont agree with, that I dont like or that I may say something about. But when a vote is taken and a decision is made, that will be the action the org will take, even if I don't agree John. That meshing of ideas and differences is what helps to make us stronger John. That is why I have even asked you and others to come join us. Not because we see eye to eye (in fact I disagree with most of what you say) but because the current ***** is not about one man or one opinion, but it is an effort to be the best and most effective voice for an industry that is fractured, broken, and at times even selfish and immature.

But we will only get better and the invitation is there for anyone (even you john) to put aside these petty threads and help make a difference. Visit *****.org or ask Guy or me or others about it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

And as you know, my words have been that I don't care much for you John but that is not an official position of the ***** (not yet anyway HAHA!). John, I find it is important to keep in mind that we are all contractors with our own opinions and views. We were all voted in to the Board individually and we all bring unique experiences and beliefs to our positions. And serving as part of a board doesn't mean you surrender all your own personal beliefs. But when we come together for a BOD meeting we discuss, debate, share opinions and even sometimes yell or get angry with each other. If anyone out there is looking for an organization run by like minded robots I regret to say ***** is not that. However we vote as a board and that is what determines things. In fact even Ron gets upset and sometimes disagrees with BOD decision. He cant even vote and sometimes cant debate but we work through those things.

So if at one point in one post on one BBS, one of the BOD members, or volunteers, or members shares an opinion or viewpoint it certainly is not logical to clasp onto 6 or 7 words and let that be your version of Custers last stand if you will, in your battle against the entire movement of an organization. I would never do that to you John, and im sure you've said a lot of things in your lifetime online.

As we move forward I have no doubt there will be actions the board suggests that I dont agree with, that I dont like or that I may say something about. But when a vote is taken and a decision is made, that will be the action the org will take, even if I don't agree John. That meshing of ideas and differences is what helps to make us stronger John. That is why I have even asked you and others to come join us. Not because we see eye to eye (in fact I disagree with most of what you say) but because the current ***** is not about one man or one opinion, but it is an effort to be the best and most effective voice for an industry that is fractured, broken, and at times even selfish and immature.

But we will only get better and the invitation is there for anyone (even you john) to put aside these petty threads and help make a difference. Visit *****.org or ask Guy or me or others about it.

I appreciate the olive branch Charlie and likes or not doesn't make me sway from doing what's right. No matter what you think about me I find you to be a very good BOD even though I also don't believe in some of the things your doing. I do honor your efforts though.

It's late but I'll tell you and the TGS crowed something and you should pass this on to your fellow BOD's. First off I got a very disturbing email today. One day you will understand a little more that when you try to do something good someone else takes is wrong and they make it there business to come gunning for ya. I'm not worried about it because there's nothing I did wrong. If it comes out it won't be from me and it has the potential to be a duzzy.

That's #1. This has happened to me in the past but I always come out ok because there's nothing that's wrong. So I'm use to dealing with people who think they should take things further when they really have no grounds.

#2 and this pertains to you and your board. You have some guys on your board and committees who seem to take pleasure on trying to bring others down. They do it by belittling them let's say over there partime status or if they belong to a different org, bb or whatever. Anything to try and knock them down. I have 2 people including your president who personally tried to cripple our Vegas Event. You know it because you saw it.

We have some of your guys instead of keeping the BMP talk rational on other bb's they came in and started showing other people's business in a negative light that almost caused a lawsuit. If only you knew how some of us talked and said to leave this person alone because he can't help himself. We basically came to the defense of the person who was doing this and he's on your committee.

You think there's not more.. There's much more such as someone on your side calling a past ***** members customers just to bad mouth them. What about once again a ***** member just recently going into some ones areas of employment just to bad mouth this person to EPA types. You know who I'm talking about..

Lastly you guys are forever bringing other people org's just to be disrespectful and try to cause alienation.

So what do you Charlie Soden want from us? Do you want us to back off when many of us have been wronged and are still getting the headaches that you maybe experiencing now?

Do you want us to say how great you guys are doing rah rah rah while some of your constituents are bleeping us continously?

Look I am a huge supporter of this Industry. I support orgs, associations and most things in this industry. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger supporter then me. Of a matter of fact I was asked tonight to help out for an industry article and I already wrote it and sent it out. I support Industry training classes and Certifications of which I had 3 of them over the last few yrs. I sponsored things for the PWNA in the past, helped them with their Memphis Convention, donated startup money for the New ***** and even brought Carlos in to our original talks. I helped the ***** with there excellent convention in 09 and I sponsored some things there as well.

The one thing I never asked for was "What's in it for me" I never asked for money and never took anything from anyone. I would be embarressed if an org president was telling everyone to hire me over my fellow members because I care about my fellow members and the orgs themselves.

So I'm a giver. I'm also very fortunate because I worked hard.

There's a ton of other good guys who may not share your beliefs but it doesn't mean your tigers in there should be posting attacks against them.

I get what your saying and I would love to see this beating each other down stuff stop. I could close post here if I deem it necessary to stop these two way street beat downs because in the end your org. will lose. We gain nothing but your efforts will be lost. And for what?

So your showing yourself to be smarter then alot of your comrades who are way to aggressive. I'm a bit aggressive myself but I've been fighting things for yrs in union activities and I know how to win most of the time. On this I can't win but you guys could lose. Think about that. You guys gain nothing trying to discredit or beat guys down. It's your org. and most people are freelancers your fighting against. Me I'll alway be OK. Belonging to 2 orgs and 1 association is good enough for me. I would really love to join your org. But your VP did so something to me that's very hard for me to get past... So he gets Zero respect from me as he does the same back. Best thing for him is he's not here. You could say he got a favor getting tossed.

So work it out with your partners, get them to back off and stay focus on there work and maybe some of is will try a little bit harder in not being so hostile to you guys.. It's a two way street. It's best to be on the same side we don't keep hitting each other head on..

Good luck.

Rob, if you're insinuating that I passed some information or a screenshot to Ron I will tell you here and now I did not, it's not my style and I don't operate like that. Seeing that there is no way to prove myself I can only give you my word on that, seeing the tone of your post I doubt highly that you would believe me anyway although I've never given you any reason to believe otherwise.

I have no control over what people do Rob, I do my best to stay out of other peoples crap. Your Leader, Your Boss....really Rob you're gonna start that again. I haven't done or said anything against you....ever. If you want to bait me or classify me then I guess you've ended the mutual respect we've had for each other, because I haven't done that to you.

Struck a nerve? About Certifications? No, not in the least. Being blind sided with attacks, snide remarks, and down right hypocrisy of nuclear proportions did strike a nerve. Evidently there is some notion that because I'm a board Member or Moderator I'm supposed to be PC and not respond to attacks on myself or speak my mind....That I assure you will never happen.

I tried my best to keep this trash off of TGS, Beth knows this, and I tried because of the respect I have for Beth & Rod, TGS and it's Members....And the payback was disrespect to me. I'm not talking about hiding anything, I'm talking about the BS that would surely follow this trash....as it did. I guess the call went out to come over here and jump on the ***** because Ron is President, because you guys sure did show up all of a sudden. And all of you have an axe to grind, not with the *****, Not With The Certifications, Not With Me, but with Ron. You just hide behind the other crap.

I get it, you don't think the Certifications are worth the paper it takes to wipe your butts, fine that's your opinion you have that right. You don't think Doug's school should be this or that. That the ***** should do or be this or that, OK fine. I will tell you this though, that any mistakes that the ***** may have made or will make will have a far, far less impact on this Industry than what's going to happen and whats going on right now..on the flip side of this coin.

I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't give 2 hoots for the ***** I don't hold that against anyone, but don't attack me or my character because of an axe you've got to grind with someone else because I don't turn the other cheek or suffer fools easily.

Now Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Program.

Guy,

I never insinuated anything. But if you take it as that well I cant tell you not too. But my point is that if your president is banned from this BBS how did he get a screen shot? The only people that would do is limited. Right? I do hope we can agree to that one.

Im not baiting you or luring you in. I simply am explaining to you and the rest of the BOD facts. This org will never exist. You (the BOD and Ron) have simply turned over the outside. Good luck cleaning up all the crap now. This is not personal Guy so stop with telling me I show you no respect. I do or I wouldnt bother typing this. But you are in a position with the Org and therefore people, contractors will come at you with questions and opinions. When you cant handle those and avoid them it does nothing but make things worse. I hope you know what I mean.

To call this trash is wonderful. Its your FREE members speaking their opinions. And you call us or our opinions TRASH? I have nothing but respect for Beth and Rod. So lets not even go there Guy. I will not go to your presidents BBS and be manipulated. I know what goes on over there as do many. This is why this industry will always have a seperation.

You think a call went out...Lol. It did, from your president. He called me and wasnt happy I told him Robert H founded the *****. He tried to manipulate me and brought others names into it. Even going as far as telling me their opinions. Sorry but mine stayed the same. Its an opinion for crying out load. So after hearing that I would not budge he goes to his BBS and tells everyone I was a founder? What a joke. Period. And then when he does get his way he calls me a clown over there...LOL. Guy to say the least its laughable. Again this is why I said if you want to play ball like that thats ok. But life is a two way street.

Everyone see's whats going on with the BOD. You can get all of them together. It doesnt matter. You all are in recovery zone. I get it. But going off on tyraids and making statements may be better off handled by one. You guys need to understand you are in a position of authority (in the Org of course). Some will look at you as that. When you are not respectful and your president makes videos every ten minutes on people it really doesnt look good.

Please explain the flip side of the coin? I want to know more.

Well put Charlie

Roof Cleaning Cert Questions

General questions

1. Does anyone know the standards for ***** roof cleaning certification?
  2. Is there any questions on the test relating to cleaning products?
  3. Is it possible for someone that has never cleaned a roof for hire to become certified?
  4. Are there any marketing materials provided to the newly certified roof cleaner by the *****?
  5. Is there any pricing or estimating assistance or handouts/guidelines specific to Cert holders?
  6. Is there any document that shows how or why the standards as they exist were developed? FAQ?
  7. Is there a phone number for customers of certification holders to ask questions?
  8. Is there a web portal for customers of certification holders to submit questions?
  9. Regarding the non-profit status, Will the ***** track and document the certification earnings of approved training sources that are also members of the *****?

Assuming anyone can be certified, regardless of product, pressure, non-pressure:

1. Is the ***** going to honor a manufactures recommendations for cleaning their product?
  2. What is the position of the ***** if a homeowner calls them, because two certified cleaners are bidding two different procedures and claiming his fellow certified roof cleaner is using a dangerous method?
  3. Is there a policy against negative information being provided to homeowners about a fellow certified roof cleaner that uses a different method?
  4. If a roof or gutter is damaged by a surface cleaner, would the ***** be libel to the homeowner?
  5. Could that same contractor in #4 also sue the ***** for not informing him of the dangers in the certification process?
  6. If it is discovered that a prospective member getting a ***** certification intends on using a product that has long term toxicity issues, will he still be able to become certified?

Regarding Support

1. Most organizations/companies have a knowledge base available for the members to self support. Many also offer group support in forums. Given the reluctance to answer questions in a group setting at this stage, what plans if any exist to resolve this lack of details?
  2. Same question as above, except for homeowners and commercial customers of a certified member.
  3. Who is responsible for and the point of contact for complaints?

Is anyone on the ***** board going to take a stab at these?