Sign in to follow this  
John T

Training classes/document vs class/cert vs Certifications vs. Nothing??

Which has more clout?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which has more clout?

• Training class with completion Document
    • Training class with Certification Document
    • Test then Certification
    • None of the above-- there all a waste

Question

This should be an interesting topic:) let's see if we can try again and keep this one professional.

Ok here we go-- Take the poll then explain your answer in a Post.

12 answers to this question

The first 3 choices to me all can have some clout one way or another.

Since this poll you can only choose one I would like to take a class to learn and then take a Certification test afterwords so I can market that. That's a double winner. People may say the Cert end means nothing but to me it means market market market plus I very well may have learned in the classroom as well.

Next up

Why pay for a training class when all the info is all over the net?

I've had 15 yrs of wood training at BDA Hard Knocks U.....

A 3 day class won't make up for inexperience that only takes time and on the job experience to learn.

Edited by seymore

I have certified people in the BDA way all over the world! England ,Canada, Austrailia , Porto Rico and the USA !

What is the BDA? Why do I smell bleach..lol

In 2006 I form the BDA . The Bleach Dwellers Accociation. I'm prez and Shane is vice prez we are the " bleach boys" . Debunking the myths associated with using bleach on wood ! We also have a European division headed up by our man in the UK.

In 2006 I form the BDA . The Bleach Dwellers Accociation. I'm prez and Shane is vice prez we are the " bleach boys" . Debunking the myths associated with using bleach on wood ! We also have a European division headed up by our man in the UK.

Well out of the usual org/assoc. discussions that come here, in mass land size the BDA is the largest. Now if you were all about promoting your self we would be seeing video's of Diamond Jim saying... "JOIN THE BDA BECAUSE WHERE THE LARGEST WOOD RESTORATION ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD world world(echo).

Then you would be doing a video on how everyone should hire your VP Shane...lol.

But thankfully that's not the Diamond Jim we all know and love(as in bleach)

Diamond Jim,

Has it really been that long? That resulting thread of The Great Bleach Debate was one of the Hall of Fame moments in TGS history.

I joined the BDA as a charter member. No bylaws, no dues, no voting, no nonsense. Just simple common sense and a lot of fun. Remember trashing that rep from the Western Red Cedar Association? Hilarious!

We were considered renegades at the time but history has proven responsible, measured use of NaClO on exterior wood, as described by the BDA, is an important and very useful chemical in wood restoration.

I've got Bleach Bandit pictures to prove it!

Diamond Jim,

Yeah, I remember that photo. Make you a deal, you post it up here and I'll dig around for the Bleach Bandit photo! Maybe ruffle a few feathers for fun. Hah!

Just think of Michael J Fox's character in the "Back to the Future" movies. I love those lines when someone calls him chicken.. Rick show the photo.. R U chicken?? Lol

Watch the first 40 seconds.