Sign in to follow this  
alvisishere

iPad Internet service....any good deals out there?

Question

12 answers to this question

Al,

Not sure as I think there are many options. I would recommend to stay away from Best Buy. We have been duked by them on several occasions in the past two years. Including the Geek Squad. Its worthless and I am guilty of falling for their sales pitch. We even had a laptop hard drive go bad from there that wasnt even a year old. Took two weeks to get it back and they mailed it and left it on our porch. Since that day I have stayed out of there.

I bought my iPad used and I had to set it up with AT&T. It's about $30 a month for 3 GB or $50 for 5 GB. There was no contract. Works great, although we go over our limit a lot of the time. I switch to Wi-Fi whenever it's available.

I bought my iPad used and I had to set it up with AT&T. It's about $30 a month for 3 GB or $50 for 5 GB. There was no contract. Works great, although we go over our limit a lot of the time. I switch to Wi-Fi whenever it's available.

You go over 5GB in a month? Are you watching movies on it?

I have the ipad with wifi only and if I am on the road and want to use it I just use my smart phone as a hotspot.

Don't have to pay any extra for more data that way, plus the wifi only ipads are cheaper.

I just ordered 2 new ones with 1 g a month for 15.00 each. 1g should be enough for us to use in the field for getting on our crm and booking customers. Just use wifi when you can and do not use it for games or streaming unless you are on wifi. Also I got 11.00 off for having them on with my phone plans so it is really only 19.00 for the 2 of them.

I have the ipad with wifi only and if I am on the road and want to use it I just use my smart phone as a hotspot.

Don't have to pay any extra for more data that way, plus the wifi only ipads are cheaper.

Same thing I do. I don't use it that heavy though, just to look up a house or type an email real quick.

I use an app called pdanet+ (formerly foxfi) it costs like $8 one time fee, and lets you share your cell phone's internet connection through a wifi signal without paying a monthly fee.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use an app called pdanet+ (formerly foxfi) it costs like $8 one time fee, and lets you share your cell phone's internet connection through a wifi signal without paying a monthly fee.

Verizon has a share plan now....from what I understand u don't have to pay extra for a plan for wifi

only need to make sure u have enough in your dat plan.

might wait for upgrade before I install this.

Verizon has a share plan now....from what I understand u don't have to pay extra for a plan for wifi

only need to make sure u have enough in your dat plan.

might wait for upgrade before I install this.

Depends on what plan you're on. I have unlimited data, and they do not include wifi with that.