Sign in to follow this  
John T

Pete Marentay from Sunbrite Supply is retiring.

Question

Pete Marentay has meant alot to many people in this Industry.

I served on the Board of the PWNA with Pete's old partner Chris Detter who was the outgoing PWNA president at that time. Chris Detter recommended me to run for a position then and I know Pete had something to do with that as well. I served with Pete while he was on the PWNA board of Directors and Pete really cared about the contractors in this Industry.

I remember Pete telling me that him and I blead PWNA purple(The color of the PWNA back then). Pete has towed the line and took the risk that many would not take. He really cared to help contractors and he did what many wouldn't do. Pete got involved and he did make a difference!!

Today we own 2 decksters that we bought from Sunbrite Supply and before I met Pete I was all about pump up sprayers. I'll take a picture of these sprayers this week if I Remember. There beaten to death but they still produce. They probably made me a few Hundred Thousand over the years because we spray everything and I had both those sprayers now for at least 7 yrs.

There was no way I could ever thank Pete and Sunbrite Supply enough but I did get lucky and I was able to give Pete something back to him and his staff for all they've done for many. He was given a Babe Ruth Plaque because..... Pete made a difference..He really for many many Contractors in the Powerwashing Industry!!

Thanks Pete for making that difference because it did really matter:)

6 answers to this question

We'll wait for Pete to announce what he's up to.

Pete came from a background where if I remember correctly he was putting in one Pizza Franchise in after another. He was awarded for it to. I just can't remember which company he worked for back then. I'm thinking it was Dominoes but I could be wrong on that.

Hopefully Pete will come on here and also tell some about his past. He was always pretty successful at what he put his mind to. Just a very committed person in whatever he set out to do.

Pete was responsible for opening huge numbers of Domino's locations before he came to this industry.

Pete M. and Chris D. founded Sunbrite together and both served on the PWNA BOD. I have worked with Pete on many occasions in the past.

Pete has done much to advance this industry and to help the contractors.

Pete, whatever you do now in your spare time, may it bring you happiness.

ENJOY.

You have earned it.

Beth