Sign in to follow this  
Atlantic Power Washing

This may sound crazy

Question

Has anyone ever tried using an airless sprayer to apply degreaser on gutters? I have a Graco 5900 hard mounted on a trailer with about 200 foot of hose on a hose reel. I have about 15 foot of extensions for the airless sprayer. I am tired of brushing on the gutter cleaner and dripping it everywhere. My biggest concern is what will the degreaser due to the internals of my pump and the packings inside. I am not sure if the alkaline would damage the stainless steel internals of the pump. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

6 answers to this question

I think you answered your own question there Tom. Alkalines will attack any metal over time + you have to think of the gun as well....cast aluminium. Soft as butter. You might get away with it for a while, but then one day.......pop. Why not use a pump up sprayer instead?

Actually yes, there's a guy I know that has an air pump that he uses to spray down some of his more heavier chemicals. I'm sure the same concept could be used in your situation. I've even been thinking of adding one in my trailer. With an air sprayer you don't get all that excess water and your chemicals are more potent. Just need to be careful with the potency.

Something like this concept with an air tank will work.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00983285000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=00983285000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=33-146356486-

Though this is just an example of what I mean. I would get something more commercial wise, as this is made for residents.

I dont think that the degreaser will clean the gutters without agitation. You can apply all you want, without the "rub" I dont believe that it will work. In addition, if you over apply, then you will deal with the dripping issues anyway. I can replace a gutter brush for under $10, bet you can't replace the gun and internals of the graco for near that.

JUst my $0.02.