Sign in to follow this  
tunatussle

New toy for retirement

Question

31 answers to this question

Randy,

LBC = "Little British Cars"? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Hey Rick shows us yours and I'll show mine:) Let's see that lotus I saw in Shamong NJ.. Show the goods

Hey Rick shows us yours and I'll show mine:) Let's see that lotus I saw in Shamong NJ.. Show the goods

John,

OK. First 3 pictures were on the day it was delivered to our old townhouse. Note the new BMW convertible in the background of the 1st pic. All this sports car stuff is my wifes fault for buying that car! Had been so long, forgot what fun driving a decent car can be. Took it out with the top down and she would not let me smoke! So, in typical male ego fashion, told her I was going to get my own. And I did! Now we have a new home in the country with 4 garages. Sports cars are trouble!

Last 2 pics were taken at NJ Motorsports Park in Millville this past March while you guys were in Albany, NY. Like last year, ran a 2 day track weekend with the Schattenbaum Porsche Club of America. It was so cold, the R compound proxes tires would not grip well. 2 spins off the track but no contact or damage. These little Lotus Elise's are just a hoot to drive. With a few basic mods, different oil pan and better brake pads, they are track ready out of the factory.

Of course it does not stop there. Now its a supercharger and Larini exhaust. I'm tired of eating those monster Porche's in the braking zones and turns, but getting blown away on the straights!

Its a lot of fun and I'll keep at it until I can't get in or out of the car. Which, at my age, may not be all that long!

post-170-137772460535_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772460544_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772460554_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772460563_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772460571_thumb.jpg

Yup those are some sweet pics aka "The Bleach Bandit" Here's a couple of my Opel GT that I have in my drawer. I can't find the close up shots of the front and back which were beautiful shots. Somewhere probably in my closet. These pics were taken back in 1980. I missed my german shepherd named Boozer in that pic..

As for the Opel if you look closely I had a Blaupunct(Probably spelling it worng) Cassette player in there which was Kick azz back then. I also had the CB player and under the hood I had a PA system so we could say Hello to the hot chicks in a mall parking lot and they wouldnt know where the sound system was coming from(What a Geek lol).

You can see the two Weber Carbs under the hood. I use to race this car in the corvette club and in my class the car I had the most trouble against was the cooper mini's. They turned on a dime. In the end the only one I couldn't beat in my class was my own father(Figures).

Sold that car when I joined the NAVY in 82. I miss that car and also the girls back then who use to tell me how they loved my Vette.... and I would tell them its an Opel and they would say..Ohhhhhh:)

(Took pics of pics with my phone--terrible quality)