Sign in to follow this  
marco

busted hose

Question

I put my unloader back on my machine.So I started it up and a hose busted. It is a 1/4 inch hose.So I went to Home depot and bought a 250 psi braided clear hose and that broke also(twice). My question to you Professionals is,Where can I purchase some hose for my unloader at a reasonable price? I thought that 250 psi wasn't durable enough but went with it anyways. I thought I remembered reading about someone else using that type of hose. Any info. would be a big help! THANK YOU!

4 answers to this question

Your first problem was relying on Home Depot to sell you a "Contractor" strength anything. Home Depot is mostly geared toward the "Do it yourself" homeowner.

Nothing wrong with that but if your a contractor in the Pressurewashing field I wouldn't rely on Home Depot to have the quality equipment for the contractors in this field.

I would peruse the folks here who sell to the professionals. Not only do they have good stuff, but they know what does and does not work. They do not sell that which does not work. You ask about a "resonalbel price". We know that cheap is not cheap, but expensive. And we know that expensive is not expensive.

There is a hose called Insta Grip made by Goodyear. It is made as a bypass hose designed to be used with push-on fittings ( they have bigger ribs to grab the hose better than a regular hose barb). Should run about $3 bucks a foot from most suppiers.