Sign in to follow this  
John T

Do you still use your local distributes at all anymore?

Question

We still do on emergency cases. Also I still buy from him my strippers and brighteners for wood restoration work. I've been using this local distributor for 18+yrs now and there's always a couple times of year I have to stop in there to get something. Once in awhile I'll stop in just to buy them lunch if I'm in the area. There also the only distributors I ever tip because there the only ones who still at times work on my equipment if I just can't get something to work right which is less often now then in the past.

So how about you? Do you still deal with your local distributors at all?

How about some of you newer guys. Did you ever deal with your local distributor or is everything the Internet for you?

Looking forward to reading your responses.

7 answers to this question

Crud I spelled the title of this thread wrong and no longer have the ability to fix the title. It's supposed to read Distributors-- darn I-pad. Yea I didn't spell that wrong because I can't spell--- yea it's the I-pads fault:)

We always support our local distributors and vendors.

Anyone that we have bought a machine from gets the business to repair or maintain it.

We have several sources we buy from because not all carry the same things and we find it

a good thing to spread the business around to all that provide the necessities of what we need to

complete our services with.

Rod!~

I use a local hydraulic shop for hose repairs, and o-rings, but that is it. I get all my parts from Mark at EC and do my repairs myself.

Hey Alan -- good to cya posting again. What kept you away so long and what brought you back?

Hey Alan -- good to cya posting again. What kept you away so long and what brought you back?

I think it was the prying questions....

:encouragement:

Hehe.

What is a local distribs? My not-local distrib is in Dallas/Fort Worth. I can get a new PW, but no service or parts. Unless I drive to Portland, 600 milse RT and 2 days plus repair time.