Sign in to follow this  
John T

First Female US President in 2016?

Question

I know my girls would be all for this. It's way to early to pick anyone since no potential candidates have made any major announcement that they're planning on running yet.

From what I've been hearing is that Hillary Clinton is going to be the favorite for the 2016 presidency if she runs.

Personally I am far from a Hillary fan. On the female side of things, Condoleezza Rice I have a ton more respect for but she won't run.

Heck Hillary probably would've beat Obama the first time if John Edwards didn't pull so many democratic votes from her.

The 2016 election is going to be a fun one to watch since this country seems to be stick in the mud the last few yrs.

So what do you guys/gals think for 2016?

5 answers to this question

It does not matter if she runs or does not run wins or looses.

No country since Roman times has carried a debt load even 40% of what we have now and survived. Our government has rediculous talks on our intrest on our debt and make up funny names for it calling it the "debt load" We are not making any payment at all on our debt merely making a half hearted attempt to pay the intrest ONLY on the money we owe.

Yet we continue to spend stupidly and are actually increasing our spending the next presedent will merely be a damage control officer on a badly sinking ship.

I think 2016 is a ways off, too much can happen between now and then, and I would LOVE to see some more business related threads on here.

Beth

Buisness wise I think 2016 and the economy play a big role in how buisness are being managed and thier growth.

Many financial insitutions have allready cut back on lines of credit since the rules for unsecured debt have to be managed by banks now with much more oversight. Look at workmans comp insurance, it has gone up by anywhere from 8 to 36% in the last 24 months based on insurance mandates that must be in place by Oct 1 2014.

That is one reason that the certian provisions of the employer mandate have been put on hold.

Buisnesses themselves are hiring more part time also look at states benifits the list of what is considered "seasonal work" is now more than tripled and benifits are only 12 weeks at a reduced level for those people who fall into that line of work. Your summer pressure washers now fall into seasonal and must plan accordingly for the end of season lay off.

Growth is is smaller steps and graduated. I added a crew this year but fully paid for the van and equipment out fo pocket rather than finance the vehicle and washer most of it was due to not wanting to carry any more debt load The 179 deductions were upped to 250K for 2013 but after that the deduction will start to reduce also the vehicle write off have changed dramaticly for what is considered a "work vehicle" We use vans exclusively so that is fine but the vehicles used to bid jobs that get significantly higher milage are now almost excluded and you have to file additional paperwork each year to show they are used for work.

I think 2016 is a ways off, too much can happen between now and then, and I would LOVE to see some more business related threads on here.

Beth

You got any idea's for some business threads? I'm adding in anything that comes to mind because it's the club house area.