Sign in to follow this  
John T

Where do you live and where do you want to live?

Question

I love where I live on Long Island NY. 2 miles from the beach and 15 miles from the Ocean. 1 Hour from the Hamptons and NY City as well. I hate what I pay to live here but on the Powerwashing end the Money is pretty good. My goal is to be able to snow bird with another home in Florida. Wishful thinking but my parents do that and I have other family members who do the same. I love Florida. Been to Disney world in 1970 when they first opened and I always loved the weather and the ocean.

My grand parents moved for their last 30 yrs to Clearwater Florida and now my Grandmother is back at 98.

My goal is to have some kind of residence there.

How about you? Where do you live and where do you want to live?

6 answers to this question

Funny you say that.

I just got back from the Vero beach area of Florida after visiting Disney as well. Disney was nice but to be honest the $404.32 admission for 2 adults and 2 children for a day in the magic kingdom was very steep. It was nice, I'm glad we did it but just did not ring the bell for me.

Vero beach was beautiful nice restaurants, clean and the fishing was exceptional. However the people.... were all old new yorkers

Funny you say that.

I just got back from the Vero beach area of Florida after visiting Disney as well. Disney was nice but to be honest the $404.32 admission for 2 adults and 2 children for a day in the magic kingdom was very steep. It was nice, I'm glad we did it but just did not ring the bell for me.

Vero beach was beautiful nice restaurants, clean and the fishing was exceptional. However the people.... were all old new yorkers

$400.00 for one day?? Did that include rides? Makes hunting camp look cheap. I expect our doe, buck, & elk camps this year will be less than 3 days at Disney.

$400.00 for one day?? Did that include rides? Makes hunting camp look cheap. I expect our doe, buck, & elk camps this year will be less than 3 days at Disney.

That gets you in the park of your choice and the rides. We chose the magic kingdom. You can get a park hopper to allow you to go to more than one area but the reality is that you can not do more than one park a day anyway. That does not include drinks ($3.25 for a water) Or you can get a plain hamburger and fries for $9.85

That gets you in the park of your choice and the rides. We chose the magic kingdom. You can get a park hopper to allow you to go to more than one area but the reality is that you can not do more than one park a day anyway. That does not include drinks ($3.25 for a water) Or you can get a plain hamburger and fries for $9.85

Can you take p-nut butter and jelly samiches with you?

Not sure..... I do not see why not. My son and I cruized through a 2 liter camelback of water between 7am and noon and filled up at the Water cooler.

I love Disney World in Florida. Took may family there a few times over the yrs. We also when I was a kid went there when they first open.... Just a great place to visit and at least for kids they'll never forget it. I heard the Disney cruises are awesome as well---My kids kids(When they have them) will have find out about that one:)