Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Having a Roundtable

I would be happy to help you out, just give me a call if you have any questions. I've been around for about 15 years now so I'm sure I could give you a few tips and suggestions that would help you out. I tried to send you a message but everytime I tried it timed out.

Henry Bockman

310-353-9234

www.henryshousework.com

Hey folks, this one won't be a "Round Table"...it will be otherwise dubbed an "octagonal plunge" ! Beth & Rod have the most FABULOUS hot tub on their deck and I do believe that Rod can grill the best steaks on the planet.

:) :) :) Celeste :) :) :)

Celeste, I dont know if I could go hot tubbing in the snow... :lgcold:

How are the plans for the roundtable going Beth?

How many of you out there would be interested in attending a roundtable, you just dont have the time to plan one?

Hey Mike, the three foot dash from the back door is the worst part. It is wonderful once you are in the water.

The meeting is indoors at a restaurant. Those who want to play in the tub afterwards are more than welcome to come on over.

Beth

Hey Beth,

I talked to my collections guy and asked him if he would give a seminar on collections and how to avoid problems collecting money from clients after the job has been done.

It wasn't easy but I convinced him, he will show up about 2pm for the roundtable.

I wanted to bring this thread back up as I am trying to get something going. Would someone have a basic guideline on how a roundtable is conducted. I am talking to a local vendor now, but like I do not know much about this. What do you like to see and or get out of a roundtable when you attend one?

Mike, I'm thinking about planning one for March myself - here's how I want to see it go:

First 30-45 minutes - Meet other attendees and briefly visit any vendor tables that may be set up

Sit down to eat (don't know about the rest of you but I like to concentrate on my food and not share too much attention trying to learn something at the same time)

After food, if you have a speaker or demonstration - move to that section

Visit vendor tables again if they're there & let folks break into groups if you have more than one topic - kind of like 1st graders with their "centers"

Have drawing(s) for door prizes if available

Encourage sharing of cards, contacts, info, etc...

Be the last one to leave :)

Comments on what will or won't work would be appreciated!

Celeste

Mike we are hosting our with a vendor(Steven Rowlett) so if you have a good relationship with a vendor and don't mind them making some sales then by all means include them.A vendor can help attendance if they are well know within the industry or at the very least the region you are hosting a meeting in.

How did it go Scott?

Everyone, what are the "MUST HAVES" for pulling off a sucessful RT?

Celeste your formula sounds right to me.

Anyone who is reading this and wants to hold a round table - just do it. Pick a date about a month out, find a location - restaurants are great - they are free... Book a date and time and start with a conservative number - say 10. You can always end up with more people, and 10 is a good base.

Go thru phone books. Call everyone. Follow up with email or fax w/ info about the meeting. Go online asn surf for companies in your area within3-5 hours of drive time. Invite them. Use the PWNA member directory at www.pwna.org to find people you may not have found in phone books or online. Get others in the area who are traveling to help promote your event locally in their area - their phone book is different than yours is. Contact a couple vendors and ask them to bring equipment to show and to talk about troublshooting or something that can help folks in the field. Most are happy to do it.

Beth

p.s. just do it... you'll be glad you did. They are fun!

Thats great Basic info Lost in a post

Here are a few suggestions....

1. pick a date - allow yourself a good 30 daysin advance of the meeting, and watch out for holidays and sporting events (been there done that!)

2. find a location - a quiet restaurant works well, one with a meeting room. talk to them ans secure the room.

3. call everyeone in the phone book, anyone you have flyers or ads for, anyone you see who advertises in the paper. Also post the info on all the BBS's you can.

4. invite a vendor to come in and demo equipment. Invite guys to drive in their rigs. Put toghether an agenda of thisngs to discuss.

5. do follow up and reminder calls with those you invite and alos email and fax them info. People like to have something in their hands - everyone is so busy it will often be forgotten otherwise, very innocently.

Beth

Hey Mike, the three foot dash from the back door is the worst part. It is wonderful once you are in the water.

The meeting is indoors at a restaurant. Those who want to play in the tub afterwards are more than welcome to come on over.

Beth

I think remember this event. I believe it was the first RT I ever attended. It was a great time! Learned a lot!:-)