Sign in to follow this  
C&S Property Services

Ego vs. Giving Back

Question

I was lucky enough years back, and helped clean the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC. I picture was taken by a vendor who was the manufacturer of the surface cleaner I was using. That picture landed me a cover shot on Cleaner Times. And the manufacturer even used the same picture for several advertisements. I never felt the need to have my name on the picture. I had the feeling of both being honored enough and lucky enough that a picture was taken while I was giving something back. And yet lucky enough to get my picture on a cover of an industry magazine.

Do we as contractors have no dignity to give back to both our customers and clients? Do we not have a need or feel a need to give back? And if and when you do is it necessary for you to get recognition?

27 answers to this question

I thought that talk was reserved for the other forum......

I was thinking about all the PO's who sacrificed their lives here saving others during the 9-11 attacks and some other positive stories but your response above Alexy is right on.

I thought that talk was reserved for the other forum......

was that post out of line ? was it directed at anyone here ?  That's my story and i'm sticking to it.