Sign in to follow this  
jdc91

Help with a belt drive unit

Hello everyone, My name is jake. I have been browsing these forums for quite awhile and finally decided to dive into the pressure washing scene.

I have a 4gpm 4000psi I believe, bandit belt driven pressure washer. which can be seen here: http://www.pressuresystemsinnovations.com/aboutPSI.html

My issue is, when hooked up to a hose at my house ( hose pushes out 7gpm) it runs perfectly fine, however I cannot get it to pull from a 5 gallon bucket when trying to winterize it.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Cut a short supply hose to hook to the water supply and a funnel. Pour your antifreeze in funnel and draw out the antifreeze till you see it coming out the outlet. Or disconnect inlet side of pump and make a connection for winterizing. Hope this helps.

Marko

Try to hold the bucket up and gravity feed the pump when winterizing. It may be making poor suction (bad seals perhaps) but should pass liquid thru that is gravity fed. Make sure that you run it in bypass as well when winterizing so that all of the machine gets fed antifreeze. Don't use windshield washer fluid the alcohol is bad for the seals.

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to get it by gravity feeding it. I winterized it using the pink rv anti-freeze fluid. Thanks for the tip on the windshield washer fluid.

got to ask the dumb question. Why do you need to winterize your pump.? Is it because of you winter time temperature extremes. A cold winters day here in New Zealand would be maybe 5 degrees C