Sign in to follow this  
James

Zuri Composite decking

Question

Has anyone been called to clean this new very expensive composite material ? I've read the cleaning instruction but the builder and lumber company are having panic attacks . This is pretty new construction from the summer and i see issues in a few years .

5 answers to this question

It's a new and beautiful but it's acrylic . It's a composite with a sprayed acrylic coating on the surface. They are saying no pressure cleaning but during the construction process which much more was done besides the deck. There are finger prints all over the place from stone work, mold in places already and other goop from the construction process.

The owner wants me to do the cleaning ( 20 year client) because of trust . This house went through quite a transformation. The latest in plastic siding , garages doors,new stone around the foundation , moved the hot tub to an in closed area with all the new Zuri redesigned deck. Lots of other stone work and attention to details on the house.

If it was installed this summer and was fresh from the factory, why does it already have mold? Sounds like a crap product. On the other hand, maybe I prior to install maybe it had sat outdoors in a yard somewhere?

Did you call the supplier and/or manufacturer?

Sorry James that you've got this going on!

The mold is a surface thing in a tuff area hit by an irrigation system. I have no issues , and its other people who don't clean for a living who have objections. Its very difficult to build with something very new and have other construction going on that makes it dirty.Also, the the top handrail is mahogany coated to look like the Zuri . Its all washing off due to being too new and way over applied in spots.