Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

Orange Hooters awnings

Anybody have experience Cleaning the fabric, orange Hooters awnings? I've got to give an estimate on some and am not quite sure what chem I should use. The awnings are a bit fadded from the sun, and they have a little mildew. I've always just used a a little detergent and chlorine on the green and white striped ones, but these are a bit more fadded than ones I've done in the past. Any chemicals that could maybee bring back the color as well as clean? Any thoughts would be great.

Steve can probably even tell you what chemicals to use and how to clean the Hooters plane if so asked. Steve nickname should be Mr. Hooters :)

Lance,

A percarb will more than likely be the safest way to clean fabric awnings that have some age on them.Also,use caution with chlorine on older awnings, it has a nasty way of causing the stitching to fail prematurely.There is very little that can be done about the fading.

I ran into a company at a The International Fabrics Expo in Pittsburgh and they specialize in awning cleanings, as well as sails and other fabrics. They sell chemicals specifically for awnings. I have not used their products, but they were very very knowledgable, when I spoke with them for a while.

www.cleancanvas.com

800-542-3009

Jeff Robison

Titan Pressure Washing

678-360-2518

Do a Google search on awning cleaning and you'll find a host of companies that offer proper chemicals and can tell you what you need to get the job done.