Sign in to follow this  
Stevec48ul

Want to get started doing Professional Pressure Washing

Question

I am new to this and would like to get started in the field, buy decent gear, and learn how to do this on a professional level. I have a limited budget, but if need be I can funnel a lot of my initial earnings back into my business as I am not dependent on it. My thoughts were to by a Simpson 4200 PSI 4 gpm maching that has a Honda Engine. It appears a lot of professionals use the X jet products and I was considering the X jet M5. I notice the same company sells a product called "Gutter Zap and an applicator. It appears that most use a !2% Chlorine mix either alone ore with some other soaps. I would like to also buy window washing tools and offer that service as there a lot of 55 & over communities. This is a resort area and there would also be an abundance of RV's and Boats that need pressure washing also. Was wondering if anyone on here does either of those and could guide me as to special chemicals and pricing. Thanks in advance for all the help! 

10 answers to this question

i would suggest purchasing The Pressure Washer Guide Book I getting ready to order my copy great wealth of information that help you get started. Beth and Rod are very knowledgeble in this industry I could not make a betteer suggestiont to get you started. You can get it from Amazon.

i would suggest purchasing The Pressure Washer Guide Book I getting ready to order my copy great wealth of information that help you get started. Beth and Rod are very knowledgeble in this industry I could not make a betteer suggestiont to get you started. You can get it from Amazon.

I agree.....

Education & a "Plan" come before equipment. Steve the season is almost over for our Northern neighbors so it might be wise to spend the time between now and Spring to educate yourself further on your adventure into business start-up in this Industry.

I understand you are on a budget but consider this....the pump on many units sold in the box stores don't last long.
My experience.
They work well for light to medium duty in the range you posted but it would last about a year.

Good enough possibly to get you through till you can reinvest in something with a better pump.

Rod

Just received my copy of Pressure Washer Guide Book and all I can say is amazing. The Wealth of information included in this book is breathless. Whether you are an experienced powerwasher or just thinking about starting a professional operation this book is a must. highly recommend it. Beth and Rod amazing work.

Hey guys I'm new to this industry. Me and a friend have partnered up to form a business( he has previous experience, I do not) but I've worked at Stanley Steemer for the last 3 years and have quite an idea of "pressure" cleaning.. However I do know it is very different industries, when it comes to tile it's pretty much the same deal with the surface cleaner and doing showers with a gun.. But anyways, I just wanted to embrace myself in the industry and gain as much knowledge from professionals like yourselves.. So I guess my first question is, what do you find to be the most useful and efficient form of solution to use? I've heard things of using chlorine or bleach and I've seen gallon bottles in my local pressure washing store that were designed for different surfaces. But if chlorine was an option that you guys find sufficient for most residential jobs then that seems the way I would go. But I wanted some opinion if you wouldn't mind! Thanks!

James True

Top Gunz Power Wash LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The solution depends on the surface you are cleaning and what you are removing. Can you pick a surface or job type? There is no one chemical fits all in pressure washing. Most of us have many chems for a variety of scenarios.

Beth

I believe Beth gave you a pretty salad answer, however one thing you will learn as you begin to tackle different jobs one cleaning solution will not clean all surfaces. Everything takes patience and training and spending a lot money for classes that can provide with adequate training