Sign in to follow this  
John T

SOFTWASHING a roof in Cold weather.

Question

I did an estimate on a roof Saturday that is loaded with Black Algae stains. It's a large roof but in the warm weather it's a very easy clean.

Since the cold weather is upon us she should wait until spring for us to clean this but here is the dilemma -- She is putting the house up for sale Dec 1 so she needs this roof cleaned ASAP. She also said she would sweeten the pot by an additional $500 for us to do this.

So here's my thinking-- At job site I can mix my roof mixture with hot water to make it warm at least. Then before applying we can rinse roof with hot water to bring up the surface temp of the asphalt shingles. Then from there saturate the roof with our cleaning mixture. Do a few warm coats of our cleaning mixture at maybe 20 minutes apart. None of this would be done if temp is under 40 for the day.

So do you guys think this would work ok? Also keep in mind there is most likely no spring option for this lady because her house is going on the market next month.

5 answers to this question

Did I mention that  I HATE COLD WEATHER?

Beth

Do you plan on heading south in your "Golden years" which of course are quite a few years away yet. Thats what I plan on doing.