Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Round Table Topics Suggestions

There has been a great deal of interest in having or attending a Round Table Meeting and in order to help, I thought it would be good to list suggestions here on what to talk about in the specific regions event.

I will start by suggesting the following as topics for discusion:

1. Best Management Practices
  2. Policies and Human resource issues
  3. Suppliers and Vendors for business needs
  4. The possibilities of forming local networks or peergroups
  5. Workshops on power washer maintenance
  6. How to take your business to the next level
  7. Business plans, mission statements
  8. Forecasting and preparation
  9. Marketing/Advertising
  10. Financial strategies

I am sure others have topics they are interested in as well and I invite all to post here for consideration.

Shake the tree!

Rod~

I see others viewing, but not responding.

Here is you chance to voice your suggestions. These RT's are for everyones benefit and only by feedback can they be productive.

It all starts here, so lets hear from you. :)

Rod~

Great post, Rod. I found your information very useful. I am in the tentative stage of having one here. I'm not 100% certain yet and it will depend upon interest. If I do decide to get one together, you know you're phone will be ringing. It's not in my nature to do anything half way so I would want to put together something interesting, entertaining and informative. Do vendors attend these things? I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a three day weekend with events for the family as well as demonstrations and vendor booths. Is this too large of a scale for a roundtable? I know this sounds more like a convention but as I have never attended an organised meting I have many questions.

Ken,

See if you can get a speaker, for example someone from ADP to talk about Payroll. Keep the discussion open and flowing on varios topics. You can have tent cards on tables. ASk vendors to come in for demos. Ask folks to drive in thier rigs if possible, and have a contest. Some vendors will donate goods for this as prizes. Keep it to a few hours the first time. Plan a larger one if you have local interest in a second event.

Does this help? You could also offer a short seminar, say on sales or marketing or something. Also many are used to a nominal fee for the meal and any other costs, such as a room rental if there is one.

Give us a shout if you need help.

Beth

Also, Vendors only tend to know if they are informed about them.

We have called around to vendors who were local but so far only out of state ones have taken opportunity to attend.

As you said, you dont do anything half way. We have had 1 day events that last 4-6 hours and involve having a meal and conversations followed by demos and rig presentations. (everyone loves to see others ideas :idea: ) These are pretty easy to manage and the costs are within many peoples budget.

Your idea is a step or two higher and certainly sounds great. It is up to you and what you think is a managable event for you. This one sounds like you may need a few peoples help organizing it.

We welcome any questions you may have! :)

Rod~