Sign in to follow this  
desi

craftsman 4gpm 3400 psi

Depends on what you are using the unit for. I compare the craftsman to the HD units that are sold ~ similiar purpose just a different engine. HD is all Honda and Sears is Crafsman. I am sure they are just as good/bad ~ depending on what day it is :) ~ as the HD units.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Here is a question that I have....is craftsman the same maker of the briggs & stranton engines? Anybody? I thought they were the same.

Home units = Homeowners light duty (with some grades a little better than others)

Skid Units = Serious Contractors

If you can repair small engines, pumps, unloaders, drives etc then maybe you can get by with something from Le Depot de la Maison or Sears until you can afford better, but if you are looking for something reliable and you are not a mechanic (me) I would steer clear. How worth it would it be to save $1500 and be down for a day that you have $800 worth of work scheduled? The customers and all his neighbors instantly get a bad taste in their mouth. Just my thoughts..

"Home units = Homeowners light duty (with some grades a little better than others)"

Thats not true in my experiance, my HD unit has worked hard and long for 3 years and made me a bunch of money!

Gav

The Sears here was selling that size at a discount, like $150 off, when I asked the sears guy he stated that sears was discontinueing making the bigger PW's. He said that the 1 year warranty would still be valid but sears wouldn't be able to replace it if need be because they were cutting the inventory to zip

LOL...that's true Gav...I would just have my mother-in-law return it.

I guess honesty, morals and integrity are long gone these days with some folks!

Craftsman is a brand Sears sells. It could have a Briggs, Tecumseh (sp) or Honda engine on it.

beyoungsr,

don't get you feathers all worked up....it was just a joke. Oh...before you judge a person, try getting to know them first before you form an opinion about them. Just some friendly advice for you.

Have a wonderful day :)

Gav

That Troy Built machine with the AR pump rocks...trust me (if you know what I mean) LOLOL

just can't mess with the unloader, the allen screw underneath the cap will loosen and without knowing why for about 10 minutes the pressure will be way off....(trust me again)

icon12.gif