Sign in to follow this  
desi

surface cleaners

I've never owned a surfacer with wheels, but I will say that I beleive that if your mainly using a surface cleaner for residential work (driveways, sidewalks, etc.) that the floater is your best bet. It has better versitilty for angleing it over the edge of the driveway and grass lines and can be manouvered over surfaces that I'm sure a surface cleaner with casters can not.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have only used surface cleaners with wheels and I think they work just fine. Move extremly smooth, gets into tight areas just fine, no complants here. But then again wheeled ones are all I have used.

Richard

I think that may be directly related to your machine....I don't know the link, but it was very interesting reading as to the number of bars/gpm of the machine and how fast you could go.

We've been using a large 3-bar, wheeled surface cleaner. We have a smaller floater that we have not tried out yet :)

Celeste

Hey barry,

I'll sell you my 30". Steel Eagle with adjustable deck, 2 bar spinner. Check them out, see if it's something you want and let me know.

As a newbie I have not invested in one yet. So what is the best surface cleaner out there, say for residential?

Get a 20" floating surface cleaner. there are many good ones. I use a Roto Blaster which has been great. I've also heard good things about the Whisper Wash Classic.

Steel Eagle 30", two bars, adjustable deck, I think the Deublin swivel (whatever comes with Steel Eagle). I bought it from Beth last January and used only a few times...didn't work well on the type of surface mold here with cold water only. Never has had hot water through it, stored under cover. Still have the paperwork and plastic template to ensure proper tip orientation. Asking $900 plus shipping from ZIP 30228.

I'm going out of town tomorrow so I won't be able to put any pictures here, but I'll put some up here on Thursday.