Sign in to follow this  
Ptsnorth

Hot Water PW Temperature Specs

Can anyone explain what this means and the implications for day in and day out use:

Temperature, 130° Heat Rise - Max 195°

12 Volt Wayne Diesel Fired Burner

Good or bad specs for daily use and reliability? How about the size engine (HP) to generate the 12 Volts for the burner?

If I buy the unit, it will be for part-time house washing & deck renewal. I know, I don't want to use hot water for cleaning wood. I'm trying to bridge the gap of versatility vs. out of pocket expenses.

Thank you,

Scott

Can anyone explain what this means and the implications for day in and day out use:

Temperature, 130° Heat Rise - Max 195°

12 Volt Wayne Diesel Fired Burner

A burner will provide a set amount of heat rise based on btu (british thermal unit). This heat rise will add 130° max to the incoming water temp, so if you have incoming water at 65°, then you can get the max out of the unit to get 195°.

If you figure on average you will be somewhere around 50° incoming temp, then you can guesstimate you will usually have about 180° to clean with.

That should serve you well in most situations.

Good or bad specs for daily use and reliability? How about the size engine (HP) to generate the 12 Volts for the burner?

The engine powering the unit should have a decent charging system to keep up with the battery that will be used to provide that 12 volts. Machines vary so check into the unit you want prior to signing the line.

I am guessing that this will be a hot box for your current unit.

Alan..I have never worked with a hot box before but I assume that they are equipped with a heat control valve?

Are you referring to an adjustable temp control or a high limit shut off? Both are available and come standard on many units.

You want a minimum of a 16 amp charging system to run a heater off of it. Most of the larger Hondas, 20hp or larger have a 20 amp charging system. Even more important is to make sure that everything is well grounded. It sounds crazy, but if the machine and heater are not grounded really well, it will go through ignitors. I typically buy an ignitor every year and a half. There are people that go through them a lot faster than I do, but do not use their machines nearly as much.

Scott Stone

A burner will provide a set amount of heat rise based on btu (british thermal unit). This heat rise will add 130° max to the incoming water temp, so if you have incoming water at 65°, then you can get the max out of the unit to get 195°.

If you figure on average you will be somewhere around 50° incoming temp, then you can guesstimate you will usually have about 180° to clean with.

That should serve you well in most situations.

The engine powering the unit should have a decent charging system to keep up with the battery that will be used to provide that 12 volts. Machines vary so check into the unit you want prior to signing the line.

Thank you Alan. That was exactly the explaination I needed.

-Scott