Sign in to follow this  
PATZPW

Start Date

Question

11 answers to this question

Maintenance letters go out the middle of March, temps should be reasonable by the time the first ones come back. New clients should start up about the first of April. If we don't get a spring snow or ice storm, they happen here when you least expect them.

Reed

I've never stopped for more than 3 or 4 days of rain or cool temps this winter.I cleaned 350 Lft.of fence today and i have a 2500 sqft dock to stain tomorrow :cool:

We have a season too, in a backwards sort've way. In June, July and August many floridians go on vacation and travel out of the state. I'm slower in those 3 months than any of the other 9. As hot as it is then, I couldn't care less. It provides a good opportunity to even out the farmer's tan! :)

I'm shooting for a March start date, although I have been doing small hit and miss jobs more this winter than in the past. But March is my no kiddin start date this year.

Even though the season never really officially closes for us, we do find our "down time" around the holidays and just before tax season ~ this relates to residential. Our commercial contracts are ongoing throughout the year. Most on a monthly basis but some on quarterly schedule.

During the down time, we spend alot of energy strategizing on how to improve the business, marketing, and etc.

With housewashes, we've not stopped yet, we had 14+ houses in January, February has ramped up already - deck season will be starting up in the next couple of weeks for us hopefully :) Rain never stops us from washing (unless it's just torrential or there's lightening within about 10 miles then NO) Heck, it was snow flurrying on Roger last week during a house wash :)