Sign in to follow this  
william stratton

Soda? or not to Soda?

Question

9 answers to this question

I have soda blasted a cement based coating from terra cotta. Very time consuming. I rented the equipment. Because of the historical requirements, a non-abrasive method had to be used. There wasn't any chemical that would take it off. I don't know if you could make a full time business out of soda blasting. Attrached is a pic of the job I referred to.

post-11-137772140288_thumb.jpg

Here in Mexico City we have only two companies doing sodablasting. One that has the Acustrip from armex technology and the other one has the Swiss Exastrip technology. They are charging something between $0.78/ft2 to $1.68/ft2.

So as you can see even proyects where sodabalasting it's required, few can pay those prices.

I have a soda/sand blaster nozzle that works similar to the X-jet. They can be had for about $150.00 if you shop around. It is used for wet blasting of course which is nice to keep the dust down.

Unless you have very large projects that you will be doing on a regular basis, then why even consider spending 7g's?

post-12-137772140584_thumb.jpg

Russ,

I have used mine exclusively for soda, and while I can not compare it to the use of other soda blasters, I can say that it works very well.

William,

I picked mine up at my local dealer, but they are widely available over the internet. Here is one of the better deals around, Click Here