Sign in to follow this  
Sky Clean

Need Some Help?

I just came back from a Pressure Washing Dealer in Toronto and they recommended the Dynablast. I believe its made by Kodiac. Anyways it has 13 hp, heated, 4gpm , direct drive and gas powered. The cost $4000 he told me canadian. I am just getting into the market and I am a newbie here. Do you guys think I am getting ripped off or is that a good price. Is this machine any good? Any info would be great. I will be working on trucks, pavement, cement and roofs.

Secondly 1000 gallon tank for $1,300? Good price?

At what temperatures do people stop PW outdoors usually?

Does anyone know what cemicals I need to start off with? I am reading all the info here, and I am confused. Anyone know of any location in Toronto?

I really thank you to those who resopnded. I really need some help.

Never heard of that company. I would be leary of a direct drive unit you really want a belt drive, it will extend the life of the pump.1000 gal tank man thats alot of water to toting around, 4tons worth, 500 gal tank should be plenty in my mind. I stop spraying water when it is going to freeze soon or is freezing. I would recomend any product from eaco-chem.

Hope some of this mumbo, jumbo helps.

Richard

Direct drive, 12 volt burner:

Pros - less expensive to purchase, easily moved, compact frame takes up less space in a vehicle, pumps less expensive to replace

Cons - heat transfer between the engine and pump, higher operating rpm, more prone to vibration, burner volt sensitive (volts drop, transformer fries), smaller fuel capacity, burner parts expensive to replace, pumps sometimes sieze to the engine shaft making replacement a nightmare, more prone to keyway failure

Belt drive, 120 volt burner:

Pros - No heat transfer, belts run smoother, constant voltage to the burner, large fuel capacity, pump spins at a lower rpm, burner parts less expensive, lower center of gravity, taper lock bushings on pulleys - no key failure and easier to remove, higher flow rates available (can't get 8 gpm out of a direct drive or heat it if you could)

Cons - Heavy and bulky, larger floor area used, pumps more expensive but replaced less

So if Belt drive is the better pick, then why do people use direc drive? You were saying you can achieve higher flowrates with a belt drive. How is this accomplished?What do you use Russ if you dont mind me asking? Have you had any experience with Dynablast? Have you heard anything about them?

Machine manufacturers use different pump / engine combinations, larger heating coils, and different firing rates to make the systems perform as they wish. I have seen diesel engine, diesel burner machines that will do 10 gpm @ 3,000 psi and heat it to 190 degrees. Like I said in my previous post, they're cheaper. As far as what I use? No, I don't mind you asking. I use wrenches, screwdrivers, meters, and the like. I repair the equipment. Been doing it for 29 years now.

What are you planning on cleaning?

If decks fine but if concrete you should not consider anything less then 5 GPM and 3000 PSI, remember the flow is as or more important then the PSI but if I were to start again I would go with around 8 GPM and 3500 to 4000 PSI.

Hot water is a must too.

Now as for that 1000 gallon tank, tell the salesperson to stuff it.

Unless none of your accounts have water you could work with a 50 gallon tank but I would suggest 220 to 400. I used two 220 gallon tanks, one for fresh water and one for reclaim and plumbed them so I could switch from one to the other. I had locations that had no water so had to use both tanks and it was all uphill.

You would need a Dodge or Ford diesel to hual that much weight around and for sure pulling up a grade.

You did not mention a trailer but be sure it has more then enough room to expand and that the axle rating is more then the total weight you plan to put on it. Think BIG when it comes to trailers, if you only need an 8 foot one get 10 or 12 as I can assure you in one to two years you will trade up if you don't.

You need room for all your hoses, spare parts, surface cleaner and other things.

Shop around, ask around, look at others rigs etc.

GUYS POST PICTURES OF YOUR RIGS here.