Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

Two man job

To those of you that clean using a two man crew.

I just purchased a second unit for my biz. It is a 2400 3.0 gpm cold unit. I bought unit to assit me in cleaning driveway and flat work. This way I could also continue cleaning with the surface cleaner and my helper could be rinsing as I proceed forward.

My question for anyone who utilize two unit in the housewashing process.

Would you try and explain what your process is?

I am thinking this, Use my xjet and my hot water unit to apply housewash mix and start to spray house, let dwell for 2-5 min then have my helper take the second unit and rinse off as I am continuing to apply cleaning chems around the rest of the property. I think this should cut my cleaning time from 2.5 hour to 1.5 hours. This decrease is in time only and not decreasing the quality of the work.

Any suggestions or is this as plain as it goes.

I also bought a Y valve for the spigot and extra 100 supply hose for the new unit. So that the new unit will have a water supply also.

Other than having extra hose on the property now. I think this is a winner situation, Right?

DeGraffreed

So far, it looks like you have given the whole setup a lot of thought and you are definately on the right track. The only drawback I can see for house washing is the cold water rinse. I would actually use the hot water for the rinse and applying the soaps on the tougher areas but use the cold on the rest for general soap application. Hot water is a great emulsifier which is helpful in the rinse process. Up to you to decide who does which. Other than that, you are on your way to making great time and increasing your bottom line.

Cool Beans man!

Rod~

DeGraffreed,

I have found that a second power washer does not speed up the job much with 2 people.

The first problem that I encounter is the customers water supply can’t keep up with my demands (5.5 gpm & 4.0 gpm). Usually the 4.0 gpm works fine but the tank for second PW does not keep pace with the demand.

The second problem is with 2 washers running there is no one around to brush the gutters, pull the hose and move the chemicals. I know with only one PW the second person has some idle time but it sure makes the job easer and faster with a helper.

For large homes with a good water supply I have found sending a 3 man crew works well. The helper can brush the gutters, siding as needed, and pull the hoses for both machines. With 2 units washing the job time can be cut in half.