Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

rinse aid

I know a lot of you use a rinse aid in your house wash mix or in your rinse water. Some also use dish soap in their mix, like Dawn or Joy. So has anyone every used a dual action dishwasher soap with rinse aid in it, like Sun Light Gel. The stuff my wife buys even has an apple scent to it. Would this mix with 12% safely? Is it cost effective?

The biggest thing to using an off the shelf brand of detergent is making sure that there is no oxygenated action bleach in it.......like the Dawn with Oxyclean stuff - mixing that with bleach will cause some gasses that in the proper quantities can do some pretty serious damage to the old lungs I believe.

One key to good results with any product is to apply the products at the proper strength, and dwell time. If using an x-jet you have to ensure that your wash mix is not being diluted too much. It's easy to wind up with a mix that's too weak.

It could take a lot of dishwasher soap to make the mix strong enough. Testing needs to be done to find the mix that's best for you.

I prefer to use a commercially prepared mix designed for house washing. My testing has shown that they work better than the different home brews I tried.

I suspect that once you use products like CitriClean or Emulsifier Plus, you'd ask yourself why you ever fooled around with home brews.

Just my .02

I suspect that once you use products like CitriClean or Emulsifier Plus, you'd ask yourself why you ever fooled around with home brews.

Just my .02

Tony C.

Maybe because its cheaper. Why else do so many guys use sodium hypochlorite? I don't know I'm asking. Do these house washing products remove mold like 12% does? Tony, I'm pretty sure I read you use a rinse aid in your mix. Do you add anything else to citra or E plus? What ratio do you Xjet at? I know it boils down to doing my own field testing but I appreciate your .02 cents.

Without going into the chemistry behind it, I would like to offer a bit of advise. When using a bleach/dish soap combination go with the simplest yellow dish soap you can find. Lemon Joy is a safe bet.

Avoid thick green dish soap and anything that is pearly or white.

Another important thing to know about dish soap chemistry is: Less is more. In a sink full of dishes a few drops of soap will always clean better than a few ounces of soap. For example, If I were to clean a house using bleach and dish soap I would put it together like this:

1 gallon 5.25% bleach with one tablespoon lemon joy.

Apply with x-jet at roughly 20 to 1

too much dish soap and you will have rinsing problems.

Before you make bleach a permanent part of your arsenal please check into the safety issues involved. Berating the mist from your bleach spray is not something you would want to do for and extended amount of time.

Best of Luck

Russell

Just my .02

Tony C.

Maybe because its cheaper. Why else do so many guys use sodium hypochlorite? I don't know I'm asking. Do these house washing products remove mold like 12% does? Tony, I'm pretty sure I read you use a rinse aid in your mix. Do you add anything else to citra or E plus? What ratio do you Xjet at? I know it boils down to doing my own field testing but I appreciate your .02 cents.

Less than $3 per 6 gallon bucket, plus the cost of chlorine. E Plus has several ingrediants, providing results far better than dish soap. A squirt of dishwasher rinse aid never hurts.

Does cheaper really matter compared to effectivness? I don't think so, not for two bucks.

I know there are plenty of other folks out here who use the commercially prepared products, mixed with chlorine, and get superior results.

Lets here it.

Citraclean gets bleach added to it, as well as a rinse aid - we have stellar results which make the phone ring. It works for us, in more ways than getting calls - it actually WORKS, instead of us.

Citraclean gets bleach added to it, as well as a rinse aid - we have stellar results which make the phone ring. It works for us, in more ways than getting calls - it actually WORKS, instead of us.

DITTO.....gallon citriclean, gallon 10%, little rinse aid, top off 5 gallon bucket and x-jet............... havent tried any foamer with it, any ideas on that??

Where can you purchase Citriclean & Emulsifier Plus?

I'd like to hear how these home brew mixes do around landscaping. I'v read alot of the success stories with certain chemicals. But never how long it took, or how wet and tired we are after a good project. Let's here the good stuff!!

Do you have to scrub the surface your cleaning, is hot water used also? HOW LONG DOES THIS CHEEP AND INEXPENSIVE WAY TO CLEAN LAST?

I enjoy all the information shared in this site

Richard Zepeda

ALL POWER SYSTEMS

HOUSTON, TEXAS

We started out using homebrews 2 years ago and are just now getting called back for repeat service.Not because they are wrapped up in mold/mildew but just because it's time for them to be cleaned again.No more scrubbing than if I were using any other premixed soap.Why would you get any wetter or anymore tired?You are simply adding laundry detergent(soap) and cascade(rinse aid to prevent window spots) instead of some product you purchased through "Joe's House of Pressure"

Citriclean & Emulsifier are basically soaps that when added to chlorine help add cling to your mix,breakdown and suspend the dirt up off the surface for a clean rinse.

But honestly I do prefer citrcleen.We have our basic mix down and 85% of the time it handles whatever we need it to.If not we adjust to meet the need.