Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Choice Composite Decking

Question

Here is the composite decking i stained Sat. in Super Cedar Brown.I maintain this deck every 2 years and looks like they just had the decking installed.:cool:

16 answers to this question

Did a bid yesterday for a Trex deck that had the dreaded Trex Black Spots. I plan to use a little SH or should I use the composite cleaner that trex has out? I have 3 gallons of the cleaner, but haven't used it yet.

reed

Reed

All i use is bleach/water/Dawn soap then P/washed it cleans right up.It actually soaks up the oil base stain pretty good also.

What's the Trex cleaner made up of chem wise?

Pros

Cleaned with Bleach/water/soap ..P/washed.

I stained with Bakers Gray Away oil base sealer Super Cedar Brown 2 coats back padding to help soak in.

Thanks Reed i'm just curious on the chem make up.

While at this past PWNA show, TWP had a booth set up and were promoting a product line called CPR for maintaining composite decks. I asked the rep was basic chems were in the cleaner, and he hemmed and hawed and finally said it was proprietary. I opened a jug and took a little sniff, and it sure smelled somewhat of chlorine, probably some buffered chlorine that has a longer shelf life, with some various detergents. Conveniantly, the rep did not have an MSDS available for me to peruse.

Seymore, nice work. When cleaning Trex Deck with 12% how strong is your mix, I always have to go real strong when putting it through an Xjet and quite often apply 2-3 times to get rid of those darn black spots. Im I doing something wrong?

I didnt know you could coat composite, does it adhere well

Thanks Jeff..:cool:

I use my shurflo for spraying all my chems.This job i mixed my chems 3:2 but only had surface mildew.Now this is Choice Decking not Trex, they are 2 different products and i like Choice decking much better.

I have been staining this same job for the past 6 yrs or so.My customer just loves the look of the stain that keeps his deck looking just like they built it.

Like Shane says about spraying with his sureflow, that's how I do it too. I like being able to apply exactly the mix I need, and not have to worry about variations or too much dilution using an xjet. Wood restoration requires accurate delivery of chems, and I would also think the results with composite would be better if the chems were accurately delivered.

Nice work Shane!

Thanks Jeff..:cool:

I use my shurflo for spraying all my chems.This job i mixed my chems 3:2 but only had surface mildew.Now this is Choice Decking not Trex, they are 2 different products and i like Choice decking much better.

I have been staining this same job for the past 6 yrs or so.My customer just loves the look of the stain that keeps his deck looking just like they built it.

Shane, Ive never seen choice decking, what is it, whats it made out of?

I was reading some of the old Forums and I read that removing the mildew is critical. I have a kids play set that I only power washed as prep. , and have already stained half the project. Am I going to have a problem down the road