Sign in to follow this  
TRichter

1st job Quote, A Monster!!

Question

Newbie here, my rig is about 85% finished, will post pics later. My wife works for a shipping company and they have 100 storage tanks they need washed and some painted. These tanks are monsters, they are about 200' across and 50 to 60' high. Containment is no problem, water supply may be? The tops (domes) are walkable ( 1/12 -2/12). This job seems like it would be in the $300,000.00 to 700,000.00 dollar range or more. Water supply will be my main concern, but if it is available, what would you bid. Consider that this is daytime or nighttime work, my choice and that I could get an annual or every two years contract from them. They also want me to use a chlorine mix. I may be able to have a tanker dropped on site. Tom

12 answers to this question

1. Newbie!

2. Never washed before.

3. 1st contract 100 Storage tanks 200'x60' high.

4. annual or bi-annual contract.

first off, what is on them? Judging by where your from I'd say they are Oil storage tanks, could be pretty nasty and you say containment isn't a problem. Does that mean they already have containment on site for each tank? Need more info.

(note to self, move to Tx when richter gets job he'll need sub's)

:wave:

Good luck keep us informed

This is a huge job, and there is not a way in the world that you will be able to do it all your self, in a reasonable amount of time.

Now some questions, Are you going to do the tops of the tanks?

Are you being supplied with a lift?

What is being used for containment?

Just some rough figures tells me that each tank has about 60,000 sq ft of area.

200*3.1417*50=31417 for the sides

3.1417*100^2=31417 for the top.

that is a total of ~63,000 feet. At 5 cents a square foot, you arelooking at 3000 a tank. You should be able to do it in about a day, so that price might be a little high, depending. Figure the paint at 40 cents a foot, and that is 24,000 for paint. Good luck. It is a good gig, but I would find it hard to believe a newbie would be able to pull it off.

Scott Stone

Here are some pics of my rig. 8 gpm, 3600 psi, hot/cold, 24 hp Honda, 2 gun setup, 335g supply tank, 165 reclaim, 2-16 chemical, 1-20 acid, 2-80 for mix, 2800 watt generator, 7000 gvw 16' tandem trailer, overhead reels, still have to add a couple of reels, a sherflow pump and get some ladders.

Here are some pics of my rig. 8 gpm, 3600 psi, hot/cold, 24 hp Honda, 2 gun setup, 335g supply tank, 165 reclaim, 2-16 chemical, 1-20 acid, 2-80 for mix, 2800 watt generator, 7000 gvw 16' tandem trailer, overhead reels, still have to add a couple of reels, a sherflow pump and get some ladders.

So where'e the pic?

Please tell me that is not your tow vehicle. It is a F-150 right. That trailer needs at least a 1 ton with all those tanks on it if they are filled. Does the trailer have brakes? Im not trying to come down on ya but saftey comes first for you and the guy driving next to ya.

It is my temp. tow truck, till I get some jobs lined up. Yes the trailer has brakes, I will only carry about 100 gallons in feeder tank, about 120 gallons of various mixes, until I get a 1 ton or bigger, the truck has 400hp and the same tranny as a Ford dually, and has 3:73 gears. The trailer has about 600 to 650lbs tongue weight and it tows very nicely, the weight is very well distributed.

I get nervous when I see pws park in customer's driveways.

Cleaning up a potential spill of some kind is not fun when it can be avoided by parking on municipal property instead.