Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

What's the Verdict on Wood Tux Wet

Question

I'm switching over to Wood Tux this year. So many people have given me the "gotta have it all done for Memorial Day" speech I'm just about ready to give the Tux "Wet" a try. Has anyone used it yet? I saw a deck done with the Cabot's wet and honestly I don't think it looked all that wonderful.,kinda shiny, looks like next year someone will be back washing off the flakes. I tried to give Russell a call, but he must not be around so I decided to post here before I make the final commit.

7 answers to this question

Cabot's wet product is an acrylic.

Wood Tux wet...is not.

Not the same animal.

We love Wood Tux, have used it for two years, so this will be year three. The original formula was great. I feel confident this will be too, and I will say it is worth trying.

Beth

Cabot's wet product is an acrylic.

Wood Tux wet...is not.

Not the same animal.

We love Wood Tux, have used it for two years, so this will be year three. The original formula was great. I feel confident this will be too, and I will say it is worth trying.

Beth

a good question was brought to my attention this past week regarding wood tux, has anyone attempted to strip this yet? being new, what are the beliefs on removing wood tux wet in a couple of years? has there been any tests on removal?

Not speaking from experience but only from conversations with users, given that the developer of Wood Tux also is the developer of HD-80, I would imagine that his product would remove another of his products with little problem.

Also, as I understand it, the Wood Tux product is simply another oil based stain - not one of the acrylic petrifying kinds that would be a nightmare to remove.

Celeste

I can't seem to get my order (60 gallons) placed with Russell back on March 15. Has anyone received an order of the Wood Tux Wet product or has everyone been waiting as have I?

Duane Case

Mr. Case's Pressure Washing