Sign in to follow this  
eads

Purple Power

Question

17 answers to this question

yes, but its only needed if what you are trying to remove is the same kind stains that plague the gutters, i.e. roof secretions. Make sure you rinse the run off that gets on the paint of the siding promptly because it can fade it and leave streaks or spots if not.

FWIW, the butyl caustic I'm using is purple and removes tar streaks at 1:3. About $6/gallon IIRC. I keep a 5 gallon (uncut) on the truck for use with the xjet.

fascia and soffits are usually made of wood or vinyl...sometimes metal but not often. Using purple power will work on these things....I used it on a house today to clean the window sills and trim work and it does a fine job. The down sides of using PP is

1. it costs more to use than bleach/soap combo

2. it is immensely more difficult to rinse than bleach

3. can cause more problems than not if allowed to contact glass

I used it today because I didn't have enough of an area to clean to justify pulling out another chem container and hooking up another hose. my PP tank was there and I was already using it on the gutters, but I wouldn't recommend making a habit out of using it all the time. But that's just me.

Finished the job yesterday. The pp works like a charm on the gutters also worked well on the screen enclosure framing. Ive found out that you really have to watch where that stuff is dripping. Can change surface real quick.

fascia and soffits are usually made of wood or vinyl.

Actually, the fascia is aluminum just like the gutters. Actually, it's exactly the same material from the same roll (coil). The extrude it for a gutter, or brake it for a facia...

Do you apply it with a truck brush or just spray it on?

I apply it with a soft brush on an extension pole, and then rinse ir off with water. I dont let it dwell very long at all as it could damage the paint. I mix it 50:50 with water and it works great.

Actually, the fascia is aluminum just like the gutters. Actually, it's exactly the same material from the same roll (coil). The extrude it for a gutter, or brake it for a facia...

Okay..I guess I was thinking of the trim that runs along the roof line as being fascia. Whatever those things are called....THOSE are usually made of wood or vinyl :)

Or atleast on the houses I've done. I've seen one or two that looks to be aluminum riveted together for long sections, but very rare.

I saw a cleaning product in WalMart the other day called Purple Power. Is this the product that you guys are talking about? If not then where do you get Purple Power?

Thanks,

Mike

I saw a cleaning product in WalMart the other day called Purple Power. Is this the product that you guys are talking about? If not then where do you get Purple Power?

Thanks,

Mike

It's one and the same.We buy it at advanced auto parts in 5 gallon buckets.You save a few $$$ that way.

It's one and the same.We buy it at advanced auto parts in 5 gallon buckets.You save a few $$$ that way.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. I'll go to Advanced and check it out. I did buy 1 gallon at WalMart to try it out. It was around 4 bucks.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

If they don't have it in stock they can order it our store orders for us and has in within 2 days.[

Hi Scott,

That is good to know. If I didn't see it on the shelf I probably would just leave but now I will ask.

Thanks!

Mike

I'd love to test it head to head against the purple stuff I'm using. It's ~$23/4 gallons but you cut it 2:1 before use. Scott, we should swap a gallon and run a head to head test.