Sign in to follow this  
First Impressions

Please help, need to make final decisions

Ok here goes. I need some advice from all of you that have made it. I am looking to purchase my equipment to get started.

What I have decided on is this, a 3000 psi. 4gpm, hot water, belt drive unit. I’m looking to start out in the residential market and expand from there.

Looking at a Alkota, wondering about Hydro tech.

Now what I need help with is the answers to these questions.

I am wondering if I this is a good size for starting out, if I go any higher on the gpm I would need to carry water right? (4 gpm is what you should be able to get from a standard water supply correct.)

Should I be thinking of getting tanks anyway? If I go that rout I will need to replace my truck and trailer, expenses that I’m not ready to deal with.

The next subject is this. I’m looking to go with a Honda motor, is that what everyone would recommend? I have seen the units with Briggs and Vanguard motors but am being influenced by what I read, is there anything to this go with Honda mantra.

I know that there is many other items that I need to get started and wouldn’t mind used equipment if anyone is selling. I appreciate any advice anyone is willing to give me, along with the help I have already received.

Thanks, Dan

4gpm should work alright for residentail. I have always run off my tank so I dont know about house pressure hindering you. You should look into a tank when and if you dive into commercial and industrial work. Honda engines are excellant, in my opinion honda or the Briggs Vanguard are the best you can get and wouldnt hesitate at either one.

Richard

You will not regret going with a five gpm machine. I have used both a four gpm and a five for residential and everything goes faster with the higher flow. Time is money so your investment will return itself. Rarely have I come acrossed municipal water that cannot keep up. If the situation arises you can back off the unloader so your flow is lowered. Of course the best case scenario is to carry a reserve tank but that is not always feasible on all rigs. I too like the honda motors but then again I am not a tech guy or small engine mechanic.

The honda GX line is the best small engine that I have ever owned. 5 stars.

Wait on the tank. I didn't have one last year, and while I have one now that is handy, I do not use it for 95% of the jobs. If the trailer is an issue, you can always carry an empty tote tank and set it on the ground when loaded.

Ok here goes. I need some advice from all of you that have made it. I am looking to purchase my equipment to get started.

What I have decided on is this, a 3000 psi. 4gpm, hot water, belt drive unit. I’m looking to start out in the residential market and expand from there.

Looking at a Alkota, wondering about Hydro tech.

Now what I need help with is the answers to these questions.

I am wondering if I this is a good size for starting out, if I go any higher on the gpm I would need to carry water right? (4 gpm is what you should be able to get from a standard water supply correct.)

Should I be thinking of getting tanks anyway? If I go that rout I will need to replace my truck and trailer, expenses that I’m not ready to deal with.

The next subject is this. I’m looking to go with a Honda motor, is that what everyone would recommend? I have seen the units with Briggs and Vanguard motors but am being influenced by what I read, is there anything to this go with Honda mantra.

I know that there is many other items that I need to get started and wouldn’t mind used equipment if anyone is selling. I appreciate any advice anyone is willing to give me, along with the help I have already received.

Thanks, Dan

I may be getting rid of a cold water machine and a hotbox if you are interesed. They are in excellent shape, I bought a skid unit this spring.

Hey there's a man in my area that sales power washers new and used he also services them too, he use to do power washing but now just in the shop.Sice he use to wash he is pretty smart on alot of them ??. He is a real nice fellow and very knowledgable and I'm sure he would be glad to talk with you. He is in the Chambersburg area. Country Power Washing Equipment #717-765-9478

Thanks everyone, I am going to followup on some of these things. Great advice on the empty tank, its a wonder how you can think about something so hard and miss something like that. I never thought of it that way. (Daaa)

Matt, let me know some of the details on the set up and if you realy are selling, I need to get working like yesterday. A pic would be nice if you can.

Full Blast I will be calling your guy today thanks.

So a Briggs Vanguard / General or commet would be ok?

Also have just started hearing about the Tuff machines, sound a little too cheap what does anyone think?

Thanks and ill get back to you with what I find out.

Dan.

Dan,

You'll be doing yourself a favor by getting the 5 gpm machine. In the last three years I've only come across 3 jobs that the water couldn't keep up, and one of them was because I was pulling water 30 feet up to where I needed it.

I think your best bet if you're worried about it would be to get a "float" tank. They are a small tank (that come and fit right on the Hydrotek machines) that hold approx 5+ gallons of water and feed your machine. The purpose is to fill up and hold the water when you slow down the wand, and when you use water faster than the spicket can feed your machine you have 5 extra gallons (or more) to help keep up in your float. Or you could just get a small water tank and use that as your float!

Hi First Impressions,

I have a 24ft telescopic extension wand that I am thinking of parting with. I am kind of a little guy and this thing is way too much for me to handle at any length of time.

I would let you have it for a song if interested. It helps out in hard to reach areas and can handle 4000 psi. I plan on getting a bit shorter wand since I have X-jet setup now. Email me if interested. I would let this go far below market value.

Good luck with new business. Keep pluggin.

Adrian