Sign in to follow this  
TNTPW

Problems

I was washing a drive way with my pressure washer with a surface cleaner attached. I had good pressure for about 30 minutes, I need a drink of water so i let go of the trigger for a second and drank some water. I pulled the trigger again and nothing. No pressure or anything. What was still coming out but not with a lot of pressure. I turned the machine off and tryed it again, NOTHING. I unhooked everything and reconected again. NOTHING. I thought well may the client is taking a shower, nope, no one home. So ask all you great people. What do you think the problem is. I have no pressure. I mean the machine is not even building it up at all when the trigger is not pulled.

Did try hooking your machine up after you got home to eliminate the issue of bad water supply?

If thats not the problem you may have gotten some foriegn matter clogging your filter. check your filter, sometimes lizards and frogs are in the spigot when you hook up and it can take a few minutes for them to travel down the line and clog the supply line. Could also be a kink in in one of your supply lines, but what ever it is, it definitely sounds like the pump is starved for water.

Did try hooking your machine up after you got home to eliminate the issue of bad water supply?

If thats not the problem you may have gotten some foriegn matter clogging your filter. check your filter, sometimes lizards and frogs are in the spigot when you hook up and it can take a few minutes for them to travel down the line and clog the supply line. Could also be a kink in in one of your supply lines, but what ever it is, it definitely sounds like the pump is starved for water.

Boy am I glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's encountered the 'critter' problem.

I was starting to think that I was insane.

I was washing a drive way with my pressure washer with a surface cleaner attached. I had good pressure for about 30 minutes, I need a drink of water so i let go of the trigger for a second and drank some water. I pulled the trigger again and nothing. No pressure or anything. What was still coming out but not with a lot of pressure. I turned the machine off and tryed it again, NOTHING. I unhooked everything and reconected again. NOTHING. I thought well may the client is taking a shower, nope, no one home. So ask all you great people. What do you think the problem is. I have no pressure. I mean the machine is not even building it up at all when the trigger is not pulled.

TNTPW....let us know if you're feeding the pump from the tank or from the spigot.

Also, try running your pw without the hover attached. Is there a difference?..........you may very well have a clogged your spray tips.

I am guessing since he was concerned about the shower, he is using a direct faucet connection.

The surface cleaner nozzles or the rotary unions inline filter might be blocked up. ie rust, teflon tape, grass ect.

Try using your gun without a nozzle. Do you have good flow? If not check your supply filter for blockage.

If you have good flow insert a pressure nozzle and squeeze. Do you get full pressure ? If you do you have isolated the problem to the surface cleaner.

If not try another gun if you have one. They do go bad and can stick closed.

If all else fails you can bypass the unloader and run directly off the pump head. This only works if you don't have the built in bypass type unloader. The gun must be locked open with a high pressure nozzle installed for this test.

Utilize a helper to start and stop the machine while you hold the open gun. This test can be dangerous if you are not careful. If in doubt don't try it!

If you now have good pressure you have located the problem. Rebuild or replace at your discretion. I would toss it.

Good Luck!

Gentelman, I tried two guns and still have no pressure. Water does come out but i would say about 400 psi. I even tried another surface cleaner. I then looked at the pump and there is oil leaking from somewhere. I still have not found out where.