Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

deck cleaning in wet conditions

Question

we have a deck to get done ASAP....... it is just dirty and gray. The question is the weather is on and off drizzle with chance of thunder storms, If using percarb, will the weather make it impossible to do? or just more dwell time and more chems if they get dilluted if the rain comes on again, off again..... We'll be washing the 4800 sq ft house first anyway, which means the deck will be pretty wet anyway.....Im thinking we can get it done, and the wetter conditions will actually aid in keeping everything wet and protected......????

any thoughts???

5 answers to this question

We (I say we, but it's Roger) work in the rain all the time so long as there's no lightening within about 10 miles. You have to watch your chems since you're dwell time is altered by the additional water but other than that, yep - stuff stays rinsed nicely :) It's doable.

Celeste

Yes drizzle, water falling from the sky, drizzle aka rain. My mother did teach me to come in out of it when it was too much. Didn't realize I needed to qualify the amount of water falling since he said drizzle in the first post.

once again the weather-folk here and on the weather channel are insane... but whatever...

did the job and didnt get wet until we were wrapping it up...... took forever though, 4800 sq ft house with 2 decks attached, a main deck and an elevated deck off an upstairs bedroom (of course with no exterior access) ladder up and over the railing...... wasnt a strip job, just percarb and ox, but the underside needed to be done too......LONG A** DAY......

and Ive got some questions regarding the wood part of this job, but I'll ask and describe hopefully tomorrow, after sleep or I'll ramble incoherently like I'm starting to do now......!!!!

thanks folks