Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

PW inside of a garage

Question

PW inside of a garage sounds a little frightening. I have a customer that wants to have his driveway, sidewalk, curbs, back porch, around the pool (brick pavers), the hardy plank on his garage (3 sides) and the intrior concrete of his garage done.

What would you quote for a job like this?

I will have to buy plastic to cover things in the garage etc., plus a degreaser for the concrete. It sounds like a 4-5 hour job.

9 answers to this question

PW inside of a garage sounds a little frightening. I have a customer that wants to have his driveway, sidewalk, curbs, back porch, around the pool (brick pavers), the hardy plank on his garage (3 sides) and the intrior concrete of his garage done.

What would you quote for a job like this?

I will have to buy plastic to cover things in the garage etc., plus a degreaser for the concrete. It sounds like a 4-5 hour job.

if your power washing the floor of a garage, have the customer remove all the contents from the floor in the first place.....that would be like cleaning a deck with all kinds of stuff all over it, table chairs umbrella planters etc etc.....if its empty, it'll be a breeze....just need to protect the walls etc, if they're drywall... as far as price, I guess it depends on the size of the areas being done...so, I am of no help there.......

What would you bid on a job like this?

What chemicals would you use?

All the garages I have encountered had a 3" conc lip around them so washing was just like any another slice of concrete. Sometimes there is a little splashing on the walls, but a *quick & light* rinse will get the dirt off the sheetrock.

One trick I have found is this: When you are done, lay your hp line neatly around the perimeter of the garage. Now leave the garage and smoothly (not too fast) pull the hose out. It will act like a giant squeege and sweep all the water out of the room.

What would you bid on a job like this?

What chemicals would you use?

Aside from prices varying from place to place, you did not give enough info for even someone in your area to help.

What size of an area is the garage? Is it greasy or just general soil? Is it painted, or do they want to paint it when you are done? Many variables that need to be known before anyone can give you accurate help.

The garage is a two car garage with the two inch lip arond the edge. I will tarp the walk inside on three sides. The only thing on the floor that might be a problem was a 2' area with some paint sploches. He decided not to PW the exterior of the garage, but....

I will also be PW a 48'x 8 brick wall, a 15' fence both sides, and then they want to seal the wood fence, and stain a concrete patio. He wants itemized bid for each item so he can pick and choose. I will probably give him a discounted rate if he does all of it. I figure $450 for all of the PW, then $110 for the staining and painting to be done on another day.

Drive - two cars wide - Two cars long

Garage - two cars wide

Pool deck is aggregate - 40x40 area with kidney shaped pool - 2'walk around

small patio - 288 sq ft

walkway - 25'

curbs - aprox 160'

Brick wall - 48x8

I have pics but can't seem to attach or paste...

Plastic wont help the things sitting on the ground, the water will slip right underneath and get them wet. Have your customer get everything off the floor. Use a degreaser and your should not have any problems.