Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

can it be done?

Question

looked at a deck today and boy was I shocked when I saw this..

lady tells me it is 13 year old PTP which had some sort of color (brown) on it.....she then tells me to my horrified face that she had a friend of hers apply Thompsons this past weekend....and since it looks like it does, is there anything I can do......this thing must have been so filthy with dirt and mildew before they dumped that stuff all over it......

the wood is still greasy feeling and just disgusting !!!

Can it be done ?????? how long do I have to wait before trying the stripper on the Thompsons??? Never tried stripping anything only a week old before....

I bid it pretty high so I may never hear from her again, (which may be a blessing)

There was a 1750 psi electric "power" washer in the garage parked next to the 6 empty thompsons cans, which would explain the swirl marks on the outside of this mess....

4 answers to this question

Thats gota be the ugliest atempted clean and seal I've ever seen! You should keep the pictures as a sales tool when homeowners are thinking about trying to do it themselves.

Fresh sealer can be a bear. The only sure thing is to do a test patch to see what you're up against.

I also think this lady will pay good money to get the mess straightened out, so don't underbid and leave money on the table.