Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Working with Realtors

I'm sure this question has been asked, but I cant find it anywhere. Who has worked with realtors in the past and what are the pros and cons when working with a realtor.

I've come across only a couple that have actually cared about quality of work.

The rest, that I've come in contact with, have all been too money hungry to care. Even when it comes to their own homes.

It's a shame.

We work with a development company to stain all the fences in the subdivision that they developed.I will stain all 500 fences of the homes and every 3-4 years there after.Unless the homeowner buys the Gray Away from us comapny and does the work themselves.

We started the subdivision by spraying 2500 lft of 8' tall fence

All of the fences are to be sprayed with Gray Away "Blend" per HOA. :cool:

I've tried calling a realator about restoring a house they had for sale.She said she would tell the homeowner and give him my name yeah right :rolleyes:

Since the the realator is only selling the house for the owner so they have no say so.

Mike,

We work with 5 different real estate companies with our Real Estate Enhancement Program. It is geared for the customer but we have it structured so that the real estate agents will push the program for us.

We have had great success working with real estate agents.

We work with Real Estate agents a lot also but with the booming market they really aren't too worried about the condition of the home. Most homes around here sell within 2 weeks and have 10-15 offers within a few days. The market around here is HOT!

It is true though that most agents want the cheapest price they can get and they want it done yesterday. But, there are still some good agents out there that look out for their clients best interest and want the job done right.

It seems like homeowners who are selling don't care about the home anymore, even if it would help sell it, they don't want to sink anymore $ into it. If they do it's, "can you just wash this side of the house" or "just slap some stain on it we're moving". If your in good with a realtor they may mention your services to a client but they aren't going to be pushy about it. My wife is a realtor for Coldwell Banker, she helps me target the higher end neighborhoods, and she has a grasp on the market as far as communities who spend $ and the ones that are a little tighter with $.

But, there are still some good agents out there that look out for their clients best interest and want the job done right.

Its like any other industry. There are the good ones and the bad ones. My wife is a real estate agent and I am going to start marketing to other agents in her office.

She has been an agent for 1 1/2 years and we have already seen some of the bad ones... but there are just as many good ones.

Mike

I think it comes down to how you sell it... an agent/homeowner team just may not realize that the homeowner spending $500 for a property cleanup can get them back $2000 in selling price. The property turns over quicker. The homeowner makes more money, the agent makes more money, and we generate more income. Certainly sounds win/win to me. If you doubt, watch the show called Designed To Sell.

If one goes with the status quo and believes homeowners and real estate agents don't need our service (they do!) or aren't willing to pay for it, then that person may not be successful in entering partnership with a realtor.

I have three individual agents with whom I am working. This is a new area of networking for me as well. I approached probably twenty young, aggressive agents (succesful ones with a little savvy). These three were the most receptive. I met each one individually and after a relationship was formed I closed by offering them a free property cleaning so that they could see for themselves the value of curb appeal. To keep costs down I used no labor.

Some may cry "unethical" I say bullcrap. The world still works the way it always has... You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. For one Sunday job and about $30 in chems you can have a salesperson that may produce work for you for years.

Are agents "money hungry"? Sure they are, they are in commissioned sales, they are supposed to be. All the more reason they should want to maximize the value of every property they sell.

They want something for nothing. Forget about it. Let em call the lowballers and weekend warriors.

I wouldnt think the realtor would care what the price was, after all the homeowner is paying for it, not the realtor. Whats $250 compared to the $1,000 to $2,000 in value added to a clean home.

But then again, I dont know, hence the reason why I asked. It just seems to me it would be a nice source of job flow without much time or money wasted in advertising.

I've tried calling a realator about restoring a house they had for sale.She said she would tell the homeowner and give him my name yeah right :rolleyes:

I tryed to one time and thats about as far as I got too! I'll keep your card here and I'll put it on the board... Yea right!!!

What about paying them?

Has anyone tried giving them 5 or 10% or the job total?

That would give the realator a great motive for swaying the customer. Not only will the house look better and possibly be sold for more (or just quicker) they will also get $20 or so for simply giving the customer a card and putting in a few good words about you.

Has anyone tried that?

What about paying them?

Has anyone tried giving them 5 or 10% or the job total?

That would give the realator a great motive for swaying the customer. Not only will the house look better and possibly be sold for more (or just quicker) they will also get $20 or so for simply giving the customer a card and putting in a few good words about you.

Has anyone tried that?

We will pay deck builders a % for deck referals :cool:

Henry is right, it would make a realtor look bad to get "kick backs" like a commision and I dont think they are allowed to do that. The realtor I was talking to saw a job I did and liked the results. What do they get in return, a better looking house to sell plus they get commission from the price of the house, a cleaner house can be sold for more money.

"kick backs" do work with your customers though, if they refer a neighbor to you, you can give them money off thier next service call. :)