Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Gutter/Wood Help

Question

First off, I am not a housewasher, however I owe my sister a favor, and this is what she wants done.

She has a woodsided house and vinyl gutters and both are painted. Besides the normal dirt and grime, she lives in the Flight Path for a good sized Airport.

Due to time constraints, Is there a decent chemical from Home Depot or the like that will take care of the dirt and not strip the paint. I have Delcos R109, and even though they claim it is good for housewashing, I have not used it in this type of setting.

I do have an extension pole for washing, and another pole for brushing, if needed.

6 answers to this question

i think testing with beth's idea is best to start out with.

You are going to have a lot of carbon deposit's on that house from fallout from the planes

The r109 will help with this but if it were me i would just add limonlene to the r109 and a squirt of dawn to make foam.

I do still have the sample of EFC, but it is not gonna last for the whole house. If I would of had a little notice, I could of planned better, but Sis decided to have a party at her house this weekend and then decided it is pay back time. She knows that I am not a house washer, but wants me to improve it as much as possible.

Do not have any Limonlene either, so is their a decent quality one available at HD or Lowes. I have a hose end sprayer that makes some awesome foam, and can use that to apply and give some good dwell time, while I run around with my handy dandy brush, if needed.

I also have some straight Delco 1433, but have yet to try it on anything, as it was given to me. Tried to find out dilution ratios on their site, but no luck. Anyone help on this one.

If this was not family, I would of said no I do not do houses, but I owe Sis big time. So far, I will have both Bleach, R109 and Dawn on hand.If someone has directions for the 1433, I will take that too.

Well,

I did the gutters and used R109 to start off. They came out like new, so there was no need for any other chems. When she mentioned woodsiding, she meant the facia(sp), not the whole house (lucky me) and that came out great as well.

She was thrilled, I paid my debt and now I hope that the neighbors that came for cards, call soon.

Guest rfitz

FOR YOUR SAFETY...

DO NOT ADD BLEACH OR CHLORINE TO EFC-38,.....

It will foam up horribly and cause a gas that is fatal..

that comes direct from the manufacturer...