Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Funny Request for Service

Question

Got a call on the Nextel this afternoon......guy wanted to know how much we would charge to fill up his kiddie pool :) 1000 gallons of water - they have a well and couldn't do it :) LOL

Celeste

11 answers to this question

Told him we'd call him back tomorrow......job is in another town. No way on a Sunday afternoon are we going to haul 3 tanks of water from our house! I'm not too sure we'd want to do it anyway but it was pretty funny :)

Celeste,

Around here the WSSC Police are busting people for doing it becuase folks are hooking up to hydrants without a meter. Check with your local water athourity, check out rental fees for hydrant meters,a dn how much per gallon and put your markup on top. You don't have to haul water if a hydrant is nearby, but you do have to pay for what you use.

Sounds like easy money if they want to pay for it.

Beth

That's the call this a.m. Here in Graham, no one but the FD is allowed to hook to hydrants but we can go to the city garage and fill from there, not sure about Pittsboro though. Of all days for it NOT to rain...we're sealing like crazy - easy water money may fly away!!!

Must be oddball week. I just got a call to wash an enclosed (tube) waterslide that got BBQ sauce and ranch dressing poured down it.

Yea 10-4 on the different week. Today washed a gym that is like a coverall building. green house style and it has a liner under the trusses and there was dust on top of it, so we went up to the peak and took some of it lose and stuck our gun and head thru the hole and washed the dust down didn't go to bad but man was it some kind of HOTT!!! Sweated like I haven't in awhile.

Maybe not that odd but while I was washing a house today the guy came out and asked if I could wash his 2 cars when I was done. This was an older guy , maybe 75 yrs old or so. Nice guy , so I said sure and did them for nothing( he offered to pay). He even called me a few hrs after I left and said they looked great and hadn't looked that good in a long time.

Maybe not that odd but while I was washing a house today the guy came out and asked if I could wash his 2 cars when I was done. This was an older guy , maybe 75 yrs old or so. Nice guy , so I said sure and did them for nothing( he offered to pay). He even call me at a few hrs after I left and said they looked great and hadn't looked that good in a long time.

I like to work for free too. As a bonus, you may get good referrals from that!