Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Cleaning Bad Mildew/Old Stain

Question

Here is section of a deck i cleaned today stripped p/washed and brightened.

All chems i make myself and were mixed at minimal strength.It took 3 hrs to complete the 700 sqft. deck strip.

17 answers to this question

It's going pretty good.We still have some gaps in our schedule but we have been wide open the last few weeks.

I put in a resume with the Dept. of Navy for a civilian job at the Marine Corp Logistics Base about 20 miles from here.If I get the job we will scale our business back to part time again. I will be work in the repair division rebuilding the equipment coming back from Iraq(Hummers,LAV's,tanker trucks etc.)One of the position I applied for is foreman for the pressure washing/steam cleaning shop.

This base also builds armor and air conditioning kits for the Hummers already in Iraq.That shop works 12 hr days,7 days a week trying to get our troops the kits so they have some protection from road side bombs.

Thanks Mike :cool:

That's good to hear Scott! Like Mike said that is a very patriotic job position you are wanting.I hope it works out for you and you land the job GOOD LUCK!!

I have a relative that has a new condo with new wood floors. She thinks it has some type of protective coating but nothing extreamly visable. What would you recomend putting on it to protect it, Polyurethane?

I have a relative that has a new condo with new wood floors. She thinks it has some type of protective coating but nothing extreamly visable. What would you recomend putting on it to protect it, Polyurethane?

I have no clue on interior wood i'm exterior only :cool:

Tronman,

Oil based polyurethane is common. Minwax makes both an oil and a waterbased for floors. Waterbased takes more coats, but is more fun to use. Be SURE to read the can for the proper product, as different poly's are formulated for different applications.

Other choices if its really not sealed yet, Tung oil with some stain mixed in or high end water based epoxies that actually strengthen the surface of the wood....