Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Johnson

Clean Across America Projects

Well.... It was a huge success. I want to take a quick note to thank everyone who helped with this project.

Thanks to Henry Bockman - King of Marketing - Germantown, Maryland. What can I say... I couldn't and wouldn't have done this without your enthusiasm, experience and belief that this was possible. Again thanks for all of your support and assistance with the project.

To Tom Vogel of ACR Products.. your contribution of technical service, expertise kept our machines and equipment running flawlessly. Thanks for providing the extra pressure washing hose and turbo nozzles... who would have thought we would have had 1/3 mile of pressure washing hose out. Having an onsite technician and distributor with a full parts inventory was perfect.

John Tornabene. Long Island, King of the $21.00 lunch: Your lift truck, faithful assistant and experience was invaluable. Thanks to both of you. Look forward to our next joint venture.

Cujo Cooley - Covington, Ga with Pams Pressure Clean- you southern boys can sure clean a lot of property in a short amount of time. It was a real pleasure having you up... I hope to see you again soon... Thanks for the help!

Jack Kramer, A brilliant Solution, New Jersey.. Thanks a million to both you and your son... You had one of the toughest areas... And it looks excellent. It's "brilliant".

Mike Brown, All Brite Pressure Washing Service, Rome New York... Thanks to both you and your son for helping out. The first base line look's great. Wow!

Cleveland, OH - Bob Williamson with Pressure Tek, Ohio. Bob, thanks a million for your generous donation and support. I will be in touch soon. Again thanks for your support and making this a huge success.

Pete Marentay with Sun Brite Supply, Lawrenceville, GA, Pete, you support and input was great. Thanks for the chemical offer and sharing your knowledge both with the execution of the project and with the assistance with the PR and media.

Jim Palmer with Hydro Tek Systems, Redlands, CA. I truely appreciate your donation of 2 surface cleaners for the project. Without them, we would still be cleaning the concrete there. It was great to see you show up at the project. Thanks for your offer of future support.

Very rough statistics:

We had a staff of about 16 people

8 Machines running, 9 Pressurized lines

Had just about 1800-1900 feet of pressure hose in use

2 Staff just using power blowers to remove and dispose of large debris.

Water, thousands of gallons of water - 5 inch hydrant line split to 2 inch and a half lines. 2 inch feed line inside the park.

Arrived at 6 AM departed at 6:40 PM

2 TV stations / 2, ?3 Newspaper

WOW... More to Come

See photos Here....

http://pwscleaning.com/doubleday.htm

Here's one I tried to post on PWNA but couldn't the file was too big. Jim Foley and his wife did a really special thing a couple of years back.

Jim, take a bow!

I remember your project a couple years back. I remember you winning the very first Member Spotlight Award for it too, the first year PWNA had it. I came up with the award and the concept and worked with Doc on it. The Member Spotlight Award was to recognize members who did charitable things for their communities, didn't have to be cleaning, but it could be. It seems to have evolved since then...which was the plan.

Yours was a stellar project. Jim correct me if I am wrong, but I'm going to toot your horn here... didn't you and your wife raise money - like over 200,000.00 in grants and donations to build a playground for special needs kids to be able to play on?

I have a file about it, let's see if I can upload it or if I have to break it down to do it. I am sure others would love to read about this project as well.

I also remember Charlie Arnold from Delaware doing a wonderful project, he and his church did disaster relief work for a week for flood victims. I'll look for those files too.

Beth

Letter to PWNA.pdf

Hey Chuck,

Is this write up about the campaign as a whole or focusing on the Cooperstown project. Lots of other members participated in the CAA as well as the Cooperstown group :)

Celeste

It's nice to know there are others helping others out there in this crazy world, thanks to everyone for doing their part. A special thanks to Jim and his wife, the story about the playground is great! Sometimes its the things you do, not for recognition, that mean so much to others.

:cheers:

:D

Well while we've got the silent admiration committee going, I'm going to throw Scott & Angela Karvonen in the mix. Scott & Angela, while dealing with family tragedies on what seemed to be a monthly basis and raising about a half a dozen kids, routinely clean for their community and church members in need. Roofs, houses, yards, whatever the family needs, Scott & Angela are there with their time, equipment and unselfish love in their hearts. Kudos to Karvonen Pro Clean :)

Celeste

There are some VERY good folks out there, doing some very good things that you rarely hear about.

I wonder how many folks are aware that the President of PWNA, Paul Horsley in Canada, went to...Thailand I believe it was...a couple years back and help to build a school. That was the year of the PWNA's first Member Spotlight Award. (the one Jim won) Paul didn't enter. He told me that's not why he did it and that the recognition didn't matter to him. Helping to build a school is cool.

Beth

Well while we've got the silent admiration committee going, I'm going to throw Scott & Angela Karvonen in the mix. Scott & Angela, while dealing with family tragedies on what seemed to be a monthly basis and raising about a half a dozen kids, routinely clean for their community and church members in need. Roofs, houses, yards, whatever the family needs, Scott & Angela are there with their time, equipment and unselfish love in their hearts. Kudos to Karvonen Pro Clean :)

Celeste

We do what we can to help people who need it.Things have been rough this year both personally and finacially.Often times it seems we are the one that could use the help but without fail we somehow manage through the difficult times.

It takes some sacrifices to do the things we do but if it were mine and Angela's families or our friends we would hope someone could help them in the same way.

Most people we have helped don't know where it comes from because we don't do it for the recognition and only a few on the BBS know some of what we have done.

I have often thought about using the good deeds for PR but for us it's about the joy of helping someone in need.I can't force myself to use it as a form of marketing.

We do very much appreciate the acknowledgement.Thanks.

Scott your ticket to Heaven will be waiting for you many years from now. The odd thing about marketing good deeds is that you can generate more income to do more of the good deeds. Its like a double edged sword but I admire your reasoning for not wanting to Take this road.

As for the PWNA its a great marketing tool where both sides can win. The people who spend the $$$$ for our services and the people who get serviced by us free of charge....Hence the double edged sword.

We do what we can to help people who need it.Things have been rough this year both personally and finacially.Often times it seems we are the one that could use the help but without fail we somehow manage through the difficult times.

It takes some sacrifices to do the things we do but if it were mine and Angela's families or our friends we would hope someone could help them in the same way.

Most people we have helped don't know where it comes from because we don't do it for the recognition and only a few on the BBS know some of what we have done.

I have often thought about using the good deeds for PR but for us it's about the joy of helping someone in need.I can't force myself to use it as a form of marketing.

We do very much appreciate the acknowledgement.Thanks.

that ROCKS.....just "keep on keeping on".... :cool:

All good deeds ...yes ... very good people in this industry. How about that power wash company in N. Calif. that traveled down to S. Calif. 2 years ago during the "Fire Storm" and donated power wash services to homes that were covered with soot and ash? :)

Sign in to follow this